Sign in to follow this  
mburkhard

PMDG MD-11 shown in Switzerland *UPDATE*

>And what panel may that be? I don't think that's PMDG's panel>or is it?It is... and yes it will be like that in 2D. If you want true perspective, use the 3D panel, buy yourself a TripleHead2Go and a TrackIR device :)Markus

Markus Burkhard

More realistic feel than what? The observer in the back of the cockpit? If you've ever sat in a cockpit and looked at the overhead panel,you look straight up and almost back, and it's flat.

>More realistic feel than what? The observer in the back of>the cockpit? If you've ever sat in a cockpit and looked at the>overhead panel,you look straight up and almost back, and it's> flat. Jeez Bill, you act like you actually know something about MD-11's that we don't. The nerve of this guy, I mean seriously!:(-Lee Barberhttp://home.nc.rr.com/uniuniunium/dvasig.jpg

>"We'll update the site when we're ready guys, cool it...">>I'm not one to be confrontational, but the above statement by>Ryan seems... I don't know what the right word is, but it just>doesn't seem right to me. Not something I would call>professional. In my opinion, I would've said something like we>will have some new screenshots soon and we're working hard to>get the product out there for you all to enjoy, so please have>a little patience. Seems better than something along the lines>of we'll do it when we're ready...Except I've made that exact statement you suggest multiple times and people continue to not read the stickied threads and post release date/screenshot/website threads over and over. I'm pretty sure I'd just gotten done removing several such threads when I saw the posts I was replying to in this thread. I'd hope at this point people would know that we're not going to answer that stuff and to just trust our judgment on when and how we release things... It's like people constantly assume that despite our past record with releases that we need to be pushed and prodded and that this will somehow have an effect on the product release... gets slightly old after a while. :D

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

but in rl it is acctualy 3D...here you have to make it look like its got some depth and angleit. flat looks kind of "cheap" and is used by low quality add ons in my mind atleast. i love your products and there very high quality so i think its sad you use flat panel on this one :/so why the change? didnt you like the 747 overhead?

its just that the flat panel looks so poorly grafics wise. i dont beleve its real if you know what i mean hehe i dont feel like im looking at the real thing. ppl look at the pmdg 747 overhead panel and this md11 panel...anyone preferthe md11 flat one over the 747 angled one? i sure dont

Guys please...That screenshot is not the newest one and you know that. And also it is a very low resolution one.I can assure you the overhead panel looks just like the real one graphics wise, lots of shadows, dirt, fingerprints, scratches, and more. It sounds as none of you has ever sat in a real MD-11, so once again let me tell you the one you'll get with the MD-11 from PMDG looks just like the real one, nothing cheap or low quality, just real...Perspective? Angled or flat? We all know that on 2D panel one has to do compromises, a lot of them. I fully agree with Bill, when you sit in the pilots chair and look up to the overhead you'll try to arrange yourself in a way that you'll be able to look at the panel as straight as possible, and yes that will look... flat...Also you have to know that the MD-11s overhead panel is huge! There's no way it would fit in an angled way onto a standard size TFT without making some parts barely visible or accessible. Instead of screaming about an angled overhead panel you should be far more concerned to have a realistic pilot's perspective for the main panel which is where you'll look at most of the time!And for that you WILL have a true pilots perspective, of course with options for those who want the switches more quickly accessible. A far better system/perspective than on the 747. You'll like it!Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest mpauli

Thanks MarkusI was waiting for your reaction. I don't understand the people's behaviour. I think it is more an MD11 like/dislike thing than an overhead panel issue.But for all those luckily PMDG isn't forcing you to buy the package!And why is it that some people talk about the MD11 as if it isn't a PMDG product?!?Fact is: The next product released by the Precision Manuals Development Group will be the McDonnell Douglas MD-11! End of story!You should be thankful they give us the chance to fly another long range Airliner instead of saying: "I want a 777...", "I want an Airbus...", "I dont think anyone will buy the MD11...".Eventhough she never was that famous she plays in the same league as the B777 the A340 the B747 or any other new generation long range airliner. And in the and, that is what matters...Okay, I think I can expect a lot of complains about me now so tell me what you think...CheersMartin

Ok Markus, you explanation is good enough for me. I am really more concerned with graphical quality than angle.RegardsRenzo

Bill Miller

If the whingers and naysayers were as informed, talented and dedicated as you guys they would have started their own flightsim software development groups by now.But seeing as they haven't, I guess we'll have to put up with PMDG.:-beerchug