Sign in to follow this  
Guest craigjjs

Autopilot problem - 737

Guest craigjjs

Hi,LNAV has me pointing about 10 degrees to the right of the FMC course. It corrects to direct me to each waypoint then drifts off 10 degrees. When I use heading select it is about 5 degrees off. I must set the heading to a higher number to correct it to the right heading. ILS is a mess, glide slope is about a quarter mile to the right of being correct, but parallel to the runway.I have tried several AIRAC cycles and am now using 0609 which worked for me in the past.Does anyone have an idea what is happening?Thank you.Craigjjs

Guest craigjjs

>Are you sure it's not just correcting for wind?>Thanks.This happens consistently regardless of wind direction or speed. This problem also just recently started. I have flown for over a year without this problem and have not changed my weather settings to any significant degree (I just use the FS9 weather, no addons).

Guest dnbiggs

I am seeing the same problem with PMDG 747. For some reason, this started happening about one month ago. See attached screenshot. I have not downloaded any AIRAC database updates, so I'm wondering how the navdata could be the cause as suggested in similar threads on this subject.

Guest dnbiggs

The problem appears to be related to installation of FSX (which I installed and un-installed) about one month ago. Looks like FSX fiddles with registry settings. Running the FS registry repair tool fixed the FMC autopilot/LNAV tracking issue for me. The tool can be downloaded at:http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library