Sign in to follow this  
Guest totalbetrayal

Bobbing on Take off

Guest totalbetrayal

Hi folks, my first ever post here so please be gentle ok!I have been using PMDG products for a long time now, so I am fairly competent, especially regarding the 747-400.My problem (just recently) is that when I am on my take off roll, the aircraft (747) will begin to rock / bounce. This increases in intensity until eventually, at around V2, it will "Crash" on the runway.As you can imagine, this is infuriating, especially after an hour or so of planning etc.All weights etc are fine,I also use the popular "Topcat" tool for all take off data.What can be causing this????Many thanxDuncan

Guest Clansman

Hi Duncan,Some airports are known to be broken and cause crashes on takeoff rolls. I'm not sure which ones, though.If you tell which airport/runway you're using, I'm sure someone will confirm if it's broken or not in no time.Cheers,Pedro Venda.

Guest totalbetrayal

Hi, it was LIRF RW25, perhaps it was due to me holding it momentarily on the Toe Brakes as I brought her up to 40% N1 prior to TOGA ?Duncan

Guest totalbetrayal

ahh, now I see....many thanx to all!Duncs