Sign in to follow this  
Guest lenrow

PMDG inhibition after uninstall of FSX

Guest lenrow

HI,I had a great working system with FS9. LIke many others I installed FSX to check it out and discovered the heavy frame hit etc. Tried some tweaks which helped a little but continued to fly PMDG with FS9. Was working great still. For some reason I decided to uninstall FSX off my computer with the plan to upgrade to a new machine in a few months. Now......FS9 seems to work ok but the PMDG is screwy. The initial launch of the airplane where the nav data loads takes forever, frame rates crach . Then once the plane is visible it stabilizes but back in the cokpit when loading a plan it slows and delays again. Clearly very different than before. Any body else see this or have any thoughts. thanks,doug wornell

Guest aarskringspier

FSX seems to screw with the registry and sometimes wipes out the registry refrence for FS9.Look for a little utility called fs9path_utility it will automatically find youre fs9 install and fix the path for it in your registry.

Guest fonz

thats not it. fixing his reg wont do it... im in the same boat. tech assist is helping but rather sloooooooooow. ...................... al

Guest lenrow

thanks, I tried system restore, a fs9.exe utility...no dice. Let me know if you hear anything.thanksdoug wornell

Guest lenrow

pretty sure I solved it...it was the corrupted fs9.exe file and/ or its path. My initial attempt at fixing it with the path utility failed because of my user skill or the older versions limitations...although it did identify for me that the path of fs9.exe was missing. I downloaded the newest utility update...fs9_path 1.2 (Nov o6) which actually took me through all the steps to reset the path of the fs9.exe file. PMDG seems to work well now on fs9 as it did before. I got the utility at "FStweaks"thanks for everyones input that got me on the right "path" to fixing this thing. Again, it appears that uninstalling FSX off my system somehow corruted the path of fs9.exe. By the way, I did in the process copy the CD fs9.exe file over the installed fs9.exe file but that was not the issue or at least the whole issue. Cannot say for sure that the new exe file plus the path correction are not both necessary.