Sign in to follow this  
Guest smjfreeman

Undocked ND, PFD = Very poor FPS?

Guest smjfreeman

Dear PMDG support,I have searched the archives are an answer on this but haven't found one yet, so please bear with me.I have a six monitor set up with three outside views and three panel views.My FPS is around 40 to 50 when only using the outside views, however when I undock the PFD and ND, the performance falls to about 5 FPS. This is with no other 2D panels running.I have noticed that shrinking the PFD to a quarter of the size helps with the performance, however at this size I cannot see the information.There is reference to this problem in the archives but I am unable to find either a workaround or a solution. I have tried several different resolutions within flight simulator and within the graphics card settings in Windows.I do not believe that this is a graphics problem, or a problem with my hardware as I have eliminated as much as I can with the resources I have. All three outside views run very well.Any help or ideas are much appreciated. Thanks for reading, and keep up the good work!Kind regards,

Guest smjfreeman

Hi again,I have spent most of the day looking into this issue, and am not getting very far as yet.I'm now wondering if I can use the three outside view monitors in virtual cockpit mode with TrackIR, using offsets for the left and right monitors at 45

hi there, I have been having similiar issues with the pmdg 744 using multiple monitors. i currently have a 2 MM config 1 for windows and the other for the panel. I now fly using VC only even with the MM config because VC makes flying 100 times more real and i could never fly with out again. But with the pmdg 744 when i switch to the VC the frames drop to 5 just like yours. hope we get a solution to the problem. I would also like to know do you use the triple-head-to-go item.