Sign in to follow this  
rwy12

fmc did set the runway heading +frequency

HiCould someone please explain the following problem and also suggest a solution .I planned aflight from EGll to EGCC.I use radar contact4.In the 747 I had selected runway 24R at EGCC in radar contact 4 for landing-When I tried to set App ,the FMC gave an error message -and the Appwill not switch on.I tried to look for the ils frequency and haeding in the FMC and could not find it.Only runway number and length was given in the approach section.Could you please tell me why was there no runway info in the FMC,and how can I add the ils and heading manually.And if I add the info manually will the App switch on.Looking forward to your comments.Qas.

Guest Totalbeginner

I'm a little confused by your post because I have no idea what radar contact4 is?You should be able to select the ILS freq and front course manually by going to the NAV/RAD page of the FMC. You will need to enter it in the format of FREQ/CRS i.e 109.15/285Hope this helps,Regards,Martin Neep

Many thanks for the reply Martin-radar contact 4 is an add voice controller software similar to fs ATC but more realistic?You can read more on it at there web http://www.jdtllc.com/I have managed to add the info manually in the FMC-the question sadly remains unanswered-Why did the FMC did not select the info automatically.Qas

Guest Totalbeginner

I'm not sure how it works "technically" so correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that in order for the ILS to auto tune then you must have reached the cruise altitude selected on the PERF page and you must be past the TOD. Did you have an arrival route selected?Martin

Qas just confirm you pressed the DEP/ARR key on the FMC and not the APP key? Pressing the DEP/ARR key will bring up the Departures and arrivals page. From here you can enter your STAR, Approach and runway as well as associated transitions if there are any. If you open this page and there is only runways present then you will need to update your SIDS/STARS (terminal procedures)from a place like http://planepath.com/ or http://www.navdata.atAn ILS can always be manually entered as the previous post has descibed.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Hi steveI am quite sure I pressed DEP/ARV-because I repeated the flightand the same happened.I have had the PMDG 747 for about six months and this has only happened with EGCC when I have used radar contact 4.I have downloaded and installed the sid/star data about a week ago from navdata-this could be the problem as no sids and stars appear now.Before I used to get these at Egcc.I will reload the sid/star data again and see what happens.Qas