Sign in to follow this  
Guest bobdell

FMC disagrees with Cruise level selected?

Guest bobdell

Hey,It seems to me I am not consistent in doing something wrong.Taking off from Heathrow, (B744 400) - I get a warning from FMC to the effect that there is a

Bobby,I'm not sure what you're after but depending on weight the aircraft can only crawl so high. I would recommend setting your flight level between the optimum and maximum flight levels calculated bu the FMC. As your flight progresses you burn off fuel i.e. getting lighter and you can climb a little higher (to save fuel). This is called step climbing and is torouoghly discussed in other threads on this forum.Oh and regarding the title of your post "FMC disagrees with cruise level selected"; The FMC is never wrong (as long as you input correct data. S**t in, s**t out you konw). In this case you are the one in disagreement with the FMC. ;-)Hope it helps,

Bobby I understand your problem. I too get the occasional max altitude error as you have described. I normally get them prior to departure. They are definitely erroneous as the criuse altitude entered is well below the maximum. I find that if I re-enter the ZFW or enter a lower cruise alt and then re-enter the desired one the problem goes away.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Can either of you guys reproduce this error and provide steps needed to do so? I've heard of this before but have never seen it myself...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest bobdell

>Can either of you guys reproduce this error and provide steps>needed to do so? I've heard of this before but have never>seen it myself...Ryan,Thanks for showing an interest in this query I have.Details as noted for flight:SA237 EGLL to FAJSQNH at Heathrow 1014mbAverage wind speed; 337/45 deg

Hi thereHave you possibly used a menu, or paused/unpaused or something to that effect, minimised...?Sometimes when doing this I notice all 4 engines shut off for a few seconds, and hence the FMC think there has been engine failure (which there has...), and advises on new cruise alt ability.Everything goes back to normal in a few seconds though... it isn't this quirk?RegardsRudy

Guest bobdell

>Hey,>>It seems to me I am not consistent in doing something wrong.>>Taking off from Heathrow, (B744 400) - I get a warning from>FMC to the effect that there is a