Sign in to follow this  
mozart

No V1,Vr,V2, altitude callouts + no pushback

HII bought a new PC and so I installed the 744. I installed the pax version and its update, the cargo version and its update, and then the sound update.On that flight, after having slected panel state "cold and dark" the pushback didn't work: I could set the numbers, but left-clicking did not result in the usual "voices" and the plane being pushed back after release of brakes. Also, during takeoff roll, no callout of speeds. During approach, no callout of altitudes "2500, 500, etc."I thought that this was due to the new sound pack (which I had not installed on my previous PC), so I de-installed the entire PMDG 744 using the de-installers of first the sound update, then the cargo version, then the pax version. I then re-installed averything, except the sound update.To test whether things now work, I tested the pushback sequence BEFORE putting the panel in cold and dark. It worked fine.So I selected the cold and dark panel and went about doing my flight preparations. When it came to pushback, again it didn't work. During takeoff roll, no speeds. During approach, no altitudes.I checked the options, the right boxes are ticked.It seems that the problem occurs after me having selected the cold and dark panel. Never had this problem before, and I must have re-installed the 744 about 12-15 times on my old system. Any hints what I can do to fix this? I also assume that this problem has nothing to do with the sound update, so can I go ahead and add that back?ThanksChris

Chris-I would recommend deleting your Cold/Dark file and making a new one.One never knows what transients might be saved in there to cause you that problem.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

OK, that sounds like a good idea.How do I "make" a new cold and dark file? Any particular procedure, or I just switch off everything and then save that under the name "cold and dark"?