Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimmer

how will it run?

Guest jimmer

hi i am thinking about buying the pmdg 747-400 but beacause i have a dated system i don want to buy the 747 and get unflyable fps. heres my system specs 512mb ram ddr 80gb dma hard drive intel pentium 4 2.66ghz processer ati radeon 9250 128 mb my fs9 settings are between high and medium. thanks in advance jimmer

Jimmer,In all honesty, with that set up you will probably be disapointed with the performance you get. The processor is o.k., but another 512 of ram and better video card would go a long way toward making FS9 much more enjoyable.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest jimmer

thanks for the reply paul i am thinking about getting a video carda and some ram but i dont no nothin about video cards but i have seen the GEFORCE 7 7600 GT would any of you recommend it?thanks in advance jimmer

Yes, absolutely, and with as much RAM as it will possibly can have.I am assuming your machine has an AGP graphics port, not a PCI-e. If that's not true, you can also go higher to a 7950GT or similar, with 512MB RAM - that's great for the money.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest jimmer

hi again thanks for your help so far my computer has 1 agp slot and 3 pci slots not pci-e i think so you would recommend the geforce 7600gt thanks jimmer

Jimmer,The 7600GT should be a good card for your set up. The ram is probably just as if not more important so I would recomend you upgrade to at least 1Gig for reasonable performance.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Well, perhaps it's not my place to reply this topic after Paul and Lefteris but here is it anyway.I'm using PMDG products since the 737NG. I never had latest cpu's, graphic cards or enough memory, but I always had fluid game play with some smart tweaking, even with 3rd party airport sceneries and vatsim!If you don't want to spend too much money for just Flight Sim performance, don't buy any cpu or vga card more than $200. Go for best price/performance items. Read some tweaking guides and reduce your FS settings according to them and as Lefteris said, memory is the key.

Guest bobdell

>hi again thanks for your help so far my computer has 1 agp>slot and 3 pci slots not pci-e i think so you would recommend>the geforce 7600gt >>thanks >jimmer Hi,On the same line of enquiry, I

Guest jimmer

hi againthanks for all your replys it started to clear things up a little thanks. i just had a look at the 7600 gt and it said its a pci-e would a pci-e work in an pci slot thanks in advance jimmer

No, PCI-e will not work in a PCI slot.You need to get an AGP-compatible card.- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Guest jimmer

ok thanks for your help does anyone no where i can get 7600 GT AGP or PCI compatible cards in the uk thanks in advance jimmer