Sign in to follow this  
blake7

AAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhh .... Frame rates gone !!!!

I cant believe this and dont understand whay ?All my frame rates on all my PMDG pruducts ( 737/600 - 700 / 737/800 - 900 / 747-400 and 747F ) have all gone to pot !Not changed anything im aware of, just one day I descided to make a flight in the 747 and frame rates are about 4 -8 per secs from the main panel.Turns out this is for all the PMDG products I own but only when looking ahead in the 2D panel.On all the 2D panels looking ahead the frame rates drop but if I look slightly left or right and conmpletely left or right from the flight deck the rates shoot back up to 25 per secs ???Outside spot veiw using EGKK pro scenery with all sliders up shows rates of 25 per sec but as soon as I get back in the 2d cockpit and look ahead, BAM frame rates back to 4 -8 ???All the products were installed months ago in the right order and there has been no problem up until now ???Very frustrating and need help badly as I need to make a PAX flgiht in the Queen !All idears and solutios to try will be most welcomed !!! ;o(

Did you recently install FSX by any chance? I have heard several users reporting this type of behavior after installing FSX. The problem was usually corrected by running the Registry correction tool available in the Avsim file library. Let me know if that doesn't help alleviate the problem.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

I have infact installed the FSX and am hoping that what you say is the problem ...Too early in the morining at the moment to try, bed is calling but will try tommorow ...THanks, ;o)

OK,Cant find the correction tool in the Avsim library, can you steer me in the right direction ?Thanks,Gary ;o)

Guest Buck Bolduc

>OK,>>Cant find the correction tool in the Avsim library, can you>steer me in the right direction ?>>Thanks,>>Gary ;o)If you go to Level-D's site they have a registry patch that prevents the stuff you speak of. It works for FS9, and all the addons.It works well.I used it and it cured the problem.

Ok I found a registry utility on the Flight 1 web site and run the application ...a big improvement but still not what I used to get ... still getting frame rate fluctuations of between 10 - 24 fps ???Flyable but not as good as it used to be ;o(Might try uninstalling FSX all together tommorow to see if that helps ???Thanks all ....Gary B.

Guest planeman223

Screw FSX. Whats all the fuss over? A few more tress and buildings are NOT worth all the hassle of software conversions. Just my two cents.Alex

Guest retroairlinesgroup

I have this exact same problem which started a few days ago. I just cannot figure it out. The frame rates with PMDG aircraft have just gone to pot. I have had a good clear out of junk, reinstalled the PMDG planes, and run the registry fix as above even though I only had the FSX demo installed and not the full FSX retail.I have never had this problem with PMDG aircraft before now. Can't figure it out????Anyone else got any other (helpful) suggestions?ThanksJonathan

Gents-A couple of things pop to mind here:First- FSX installs 15GB of "stuff" onto your drive. Did you conduct a thorough defrag after that installation? Dropping 15GB onto a drive is a life event for a drive- so if you didn't use a good robust COMMERCIAL DEFRAG PROGRAM then you will likely suffer horribly. (Note: Windows defrag is like using a toothbrush to clean the street. Get yourself a good robust program like O&O defrag and have it sort your drive usin the /NAME method....)Second- We have had the registry tool posted at the top of our forum for a month now. Download it and run it the second you finish your installation of FSX. How it is that FSX is allowed to damage the registry information for your FS9 installation is beyond me- but it happens. Fix the registry using that tool and you will eliminate most of the problems you'll otherwise experience.I have both products installed- I run a full /NAME defrag once a week, and I ran the registry tool... I've never noticed a decrease in performance for FS9... So I'm hoping that solves the problem for you.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Right ... SORTED !!!Sweet ... Even though i've defraged and run the resgistry tool with slight improvements, after uninstalling FSX then again defragging and running the registry tool after ... were back in buisness !!!For some reason, and dont know why or care why, FSX and FS9 dont like each other on my system ...FSX can stay in its box until there are some serious add-ons avalible that make FSX better than my present FS9 set up ...Anyways ... thanks all for your help ;o)Thanks,A very happy Gary B ;o)

Why do you think I wait until I buy FSX? Simple cause there's no PMDG a/c avail yet, for FSX.When that happens, I uninstall FS9 and install FSX.

".....FSX can stay in its box until there are some serious add-ons avalible that make FSX better than my present FS9 set up ..."It can stay in the SHOP as far as I'm concerned.

Hello,Sorry to jump in like that but I would like to know if some are having this kind of trouble when FSx is instal on the same HD than operating system or same HD than FS9.I have for Operating system, 1 for FS9, and one for FS 10, 1 for all other progs, and one external for back up. I have not experience that frame drop, but I wonder if even with this setting I am not in that prob.So I wonder what could happen if I run this little tool?Thanks for inputCyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester