Sign in to follow this  
rwy12

Help resizeing panels permanently.

HiCould some body please help me with the following for the 747 pax.1. How to resize all the panels and save them so that every time I start fs, in any flight plan ,I don't have to readjust them againand again...2 I am trying to fly in the VC mode and I like the 0.75% magnification-again could you please tell me how I can save this so every time I load the 747 I have this viewLooking forward to your help.Qas

Greetings,I don't have the 747, but it should be the same as with the 737.I suppose you use one or more separate monitors for the panels. If so, the permanent arrangement of panels works best in window mode (ALT-ENTER). Go into window mode, arrange all views and panels as you like and save the situation as a flight (don't make it the default flight, though).Now when you start up the sim, it comes up with the default C172 in KSEA (which is important for many addons). Then you select your saved flight, move to the airport you want to depart at and off you go.As for the zoom in VC, this is also saved with the flight. Depending on the setup, this also works in full screen mode, but this is a bit more complicated (and, as it doesn't work on my machine, I don't know how to do it anyway).What I described works fine with any addon aircraft I have (quite a lot) and should also work with the 747. Good luck.Boris

Many thanks for the help-I was thinking of the changes that you can make in the panel config.I made few adjustments myself but the result was very not good.I am looking to reduce the ovhd panel ,I would like to shrink it toabout 75%,permanently.Somebody please help!!1!!!!!!!Qas

Hi,Try this: Look for the entry of the overhead in the panel.cfg. Mine looks like this:[Window02] // PMDG_OVERHEAD_PANELfile=737NG_Overhead_Background_1280.bmp file_1024=737NG_Overhead_Background_1280.bmp size_mm=1280,960window_size_ratio=1.000 position=4visible=0ident=24window_size= 0.260, 0.759window_pos= 0.730, 0.000With the last two parameters you can adjust the size and the position of the window. The values are a fraction of the full size main window, first width, then height. You would want to set the window size to 0.750, 0.750 or so.Cheers Boris