Sign in to follow this  
Guest iain williams

trim before take off at flaps 5 - 737 series

Iain,The trim value for takeoff can be found in the Takeoff page of the FMC.It is the last page in the pre-flight FMC preparation.I always fly the 700, and the normal trim value is 5.5Regards and happy flights in that marvelous plane: the PMDG 737.Jose Luis.

Or maybe you are a bit confused Iain...The flap position "5" has nothing to do with the "5" trim value.The needle position in the throttle quadrant has nothing to do with the neddle which indicates the flaps position (situated in the main panel)I hope you understand that if you takeoff with flaps 10 you don`t set a trim value of 10...Jose Luis

Guest iain williams

Hi JoseThanks for the note - yes the 737 is a wonderful plane!No not confused - the trim calculation either comes from the appropiate weight chart or from the FMC calculation. This trim is then set to the appropiate figure on the throttle quadrant. By setting this trim to that as indicated by the chart/FMC ensures you take off with an "even trim".I just couldn't remmeber where the trim setting was found (FMC - duh). I've been away from flying for a while and just getting my feet wet again!.....IAIN

The FMC provides a trim value on the TAKEOFF page, where you input flaps and get the V-speeds. However, I've never noticed that the trim values ever vary with weight cg or configuration as they would real world... they only vary between variants (600/700/800/900). I suspect that the FMC trim value is just there; although I would like to hear that someone has seen it change.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,I have a fair amount of time in both the 737 and 738 over varying distances and payloads, but every time the FMC STAB Trim values are the same - 737 = 5.5 and 738 = 4.9.Anyone had a different value?NeilYPAD