Sign in to follow this  
Arnaud

744s chronometer issue

Hi,Although I know since a long time MS Flight Simuator minutes are shorter than real minutes (60 FS seconds are only 58 real seconds), I noticed today only that the PMDG 744s chrono jauge is wrong as well.If you look at this screenie, taken at the end of a flight from UK to Miami, you'll see what I mean:http://aiarnaud.free.fr/pics/chrono.jpgThe chrnometer was started exactly at 11.00Z, just when thrust was applied for take-off. Exactly 8 hours and two minutes later (see the time UTC on the FMC), the chronometer shows 08.15, which is 13 minutes more).Any way to fix that, Lefteris?or maybe I am already old fashioned with FS9, and maybe FSX fixed those too short FS world minutes :-) BTW, one of the worst flight I ever made: 40 minutes after that screenies was taken, I landed in Miami Intl with less than 4.000 pounds of fuel, and was taken to the local FAA authorities who immediately suspended my licenses. Once finished with the FAA, I ended the day in the airport's jail with the first officer.Just kiding, but I really had wet hands untill I touched down.Really awesome PMDG products.Thanks,

I use FS real time but this seems only to make sure that FS keeps in check with time zones. I also find that the elapsed time on the chronometer is a lot more if you start it at take off than the time it has taken if you use the take off and landing times. Anyone know which is correct? Or if both of them are wrong. Tom P

As you guys bump the thread indeed, I thought I'd let you know that it is a consistent issue. As I am on vacations, I started a World Tour with the 744F.So far, flew London-Stansted/Miami(Florida)/Mexico/Acapulco/UshuaiaCape Horn)and am right now flying from Ushuaia to Sydney Australia, nearing New Zealnad coast.Quite long legs as you see, and the chrono issue is happening on all of those.Perhaps it's been discussed already, but although I browse on a regular basis this forum I dont recall anyone ever pointed it yet.Regards,