Sign in to follow this  
Guest johnnyh

A few problems

Guest johnnyh

I am having a few major problems with my 747. Shortly after I begin a fligth, the three screens displaying altitude, speed, engine info etc. just shuts down and goes black. Another thing, I was taking a tutorial from KLAX to KEDW and I start in a "cold and dark cockpit". It tells me to turn on a few electrical swithces but when I press them they don't turn on. Thses are bug problems and I cannot fly the airplane with all this. Is this happening to others or am I the only one? Please help! Thanks in advance,John Hudson

HI,I also used the tutorial and produced my own little check-list and never had those problems - just check again, there are so many electrical switches, you might have missed one . . .Karl, Berlin

I know how easy it is to get into a state and think that things aren't working - but usually it's because of something we've missed.By following the tutorial you'll have realzed how important the step-by-step "flow" is - one thing missed or done out of order and everything afterwards is out of whack.Do it again (and again, etc) and make sure you don't miss a step. If your Efis and ND screens contiue to go blank then perhaps something IS wrong, but I'd check and re-check everything first.