Sign in to follow this  
Guest Spader

VTBS (Bangkok Suvarnabhumi) & the FMC

Guest Spader

I downloaded a SID/STAR for VTBS and put it into the correct folder (Flight Simulator 2004PMDGSIDSTARS), but when I try to input 'VTBS' into the FMC, the FMC reads back 'Not in Database.' Can someone help me with this?

Guest ALT2024

Did you have FS9 running when you extracted the procedure file into SIDSTARS? The FMC database won't update until you switch aircraft and switch back again.Rob

Guest Spader

Could you explain how to do this?

Guest ALT2024

The file you downloaded (presumably VTBS_v2 or similar from www.navdata.at) is a .zip file. Unzip it using WinZip or similar, and place the unzipped file in the folder you mentioned, ...Flight Simulator 9PMDGSIDSTARSThen start FS9 and load a PMDG aircraft. You should find that the VTBS procedures are in the FMC.(If you put the VTBS procedure file into Flight Simulator 9PMDGSIDSTARS while FS9 is running with a PMDG aircraft, you will have to switch to another aircraft and then back again before the FMC database is updated.)Rob

Guest Spader

That is exactly what I did, but VTBS is 'Not In Database.'Do you think that the problem could be that when the aircraft does the 'AIRAC Database' thing, it skips from 'Reading Fixes' to 'Reading Routes?'

Guest ALT2024

As long as the text file containing the SIDs and STARs is in your Flight Simulator 9PMDGSIDSTARS folder, with the correct filename VTBS and the correct file type (.txt) it should work. Mine does, and my FMC displays the VTBS procedures correctly.What AIRAC are you using for your FMS data? I'm on 0611 (pure laziness that I haven't gone to 0612 yet) :)Rob

Guest Spader

?? How do I find out?

Guest ALT2024

Check the IDENT page of the FMC. All this is explained very well in the manuals which you'll find in Flight Simulator 9PMDG747400Rob

Guys, remember that VTBS must be present in the AIRAC files (the data file present in ...(FS9)/FMCPWP/Navdata/wpNavAPT.txt) in order to show up regardless of which prosedure file you have. Jackson (or whatever your name is), if you have the current procedure file, this may look like you don't have an AIRAC with VTBS in it. As suggested, check the IDENT page for which airac cycle you have.

Guest Spader

My IDENT page saysAIRAC 0506I'm guessing that this is so hopelessly out of date that it would be dangerous to upgrade to 0609 (I think that 0612 costs money?)

Guest ALT2024

You should definitely update your AIRAC if you want to fly current routes, and if you want to use new airports like VTBS. There's no danger in updating, no matter how old your existing data. Yes, 0612 has to be paid for but it's not a huge amount. Details at www.navdata.atRob

Guest ALT2024

You should definitely update your AIRAC if you want to fly current routes, and if you want to use new airports like VTBS. There's no danger in updating, no matter how old your existing data. Yes, 0612 has to be paid for but it's not a huge amount. Details at www.navdata.atRob