Sign in to follow this  
Guest 747lover

747 ils tuning

Guest 747lover

Hello everybody.I am new to this forum.Some months ago I buyed the pmdg 747.A wonderful product on many ways,but I am not able to tune the isl frequency in the fmc.I go to the nav radio meny,write down the actual frequency,but not able to click it under the ils mark

Guest 747lover

Well,if I was able to get the faq page up,but I don,t

The easiest way is to go to the NAVRAD page of the FMC, type the frequency/course heading of the desired ILS, xxx.xx/xxx in the scratch pad and up select it to the ILS line above. It will then show up with an M after it to denote a manual entry.Kim Kraemer

"Well,if I was able to get the faq page up,but I don,t"What happens when you click on the link I provided?Q>

Actually Q the link wasn't a good one. It doesn't say where the frequency should be entered and I suspect that in this case it is the usual case of trying to put it in the VOR frequency box.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest Buck Bolduc

>Hello everybody.I am new to this forum.Some months ago I>buyed the pmdg 747.A wonderful product on many ways,but I am>not able to tune the isl frequency in the fmc.I go to the nav>radio meny,write down the actual frequency,but not able to>click it under the ils mark>I just go to the "menu" button, press it and then "index" LSK, then approach LSK. You will see a 25 and 30 degree flap setting. Select one to put it in the scratch pad then enter it in LSK ___/___ and your done.Go to your LEG's button and page to the runway your landing on. You will see VREF speed and elevation. Add 5kts to it for landing. Your ILS frequency was auto set when you uploaded your flap setting on the approach page. You will see the ILS frequency and course on the app page. You will also see your VREF at the bottom of the speed tape on the PFD, again, add 5 kts.Works every time for me.