Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wannabe-Pilot

Takeoff speeds, etc

Guest Wannabe-Pilot

Well, since you guys were so helpful with my last post, I figured I'd bug you all once again. :DSorry if I'm just missing something, as I couldn't find it in the manual. When I takeoff, when do I start increasing my speed past V2? I always keep it there for about 10 seconds, then increasing my speed to 220-250 or so and bringing the flaps up when it tells me to. I was hoping to get answer on what's the proper way to do this.Thanks!-Tim

Tim have you flown the tutorial flights? Highly recommend it.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

If you are taking off and holding your speed at V2, you either have lost an engine after V1, or you havnt read the manual. !!Peter

Peter Schluter

Guest Wannabe-Pilot

Don't think so! Where could I find that? Thanks!-Tim

Guest Wannabe-Pilot

Sorry, I should have told you in the first post, but forgot. I have the 737-6/7/8/9, not the 747.

Guest D17S

(hint, hint. . . as you're reading, look for the words "Acceleration Altitude")

Guest Wannabe-Pilot

I feel like such a dumb-dumb about this, lol. I searched the manuals for Acceleration Altitude, but couldn't find anything. Where can I find that?

Guest D17S

Ahh, you're doing fine. Just read carefully through the section on FMC preflight setup. (Might somewhere 'round the part where the FMC's Vspeeds are set/confirmed, give a page or five one way or 'tother . . . getting warmer.)

Guest Wannabe-Pilot

Ah, is it the THR REDUCTION I'm looking for?-Tim

Guest Wannabe-Pilot

Thanks. I actually have that guide, just haven't followed it through all the way.Still wondering if the THR Reduction is what I'm looking for. :)-Tim