Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

Anyone still getting out of memory errors with the 744?...

Yeah Eric - system managed is fine. This isn't a real out of memory situation, it's an erroneous error that's somehow triggered for some people by FS9. We can't really explain it, it's obviously some sort of deep issue in the sim's code at this point that only seems to manifest when combined with scenery and aircraft addons...Did you happen to notice anything weird going on in filemon similar to what happened with UT before when you saw the KDEN crash?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest TSE

Hi allI'm most probably posting something here that everybody knows of already, but I thought I share my findings with you.I was still getting OOMs with the Queen despite the new UT 1.30 patch.I tweaked my terrain.cfg a couple of days ago:Changed all MaskClassMap=1 and MaskClassMap=3 entries to MaskClassMap=0This will o

Joerg,Yes, I just read about doing this for those running UT's landclass as well asFSG's landclass. I just changed mine all to 0. Hope this works.

Eric 

I already have all of mine at 0, have done for years so I doubt that is the fix but I do hope it works for you...Hi everyone.Happy New Year to all. If you have been following the UTUSA thread well I guess Allen was right and 2007 does not find me scrapping FS altogether and giving up after all. In fact, I just ordered an 8800 GTX but that is neither here nor there.The point of the thread was actually a question. Does anyone who is still getting the error get it at there default airport? Not default scenery in terms of no add-on but at the scenery of their default startup flight?Here is the reason for my question. Like many others my default airport was always KSEA. A while back I changed that to KEWR so that my startup flight was in EST. Previously all of my OOM errors were with KEWR, LLBG, EGLL, EGCC but I could always land in KSEA.Now here we are months later and I can land at KEWR all day and night BUT now if I try to land at KSEA I get an OOM... Nothing in Seattle Ever changed LOL!!!That is why I am asking the question to those of us still experiencing the issue. I am trying to figure out if there could be a correlation between the scenery being pre-loaded (default FS startup flight so it always gets loaded) opposed to flying to a random destination...So if you get this error, DO you get it flying into the scenery of your default startup flight?Also, A found an old .DLL in my modules directory dating back to 2003. It was the ViMaCore2004.DLL and it is required however there was a version dated January 2006. I am curious if anyone who does get the OOM is already using that version OR if anyone not getting the OOM is using the old version. Being this .DLL controls api's into FS maybe the 2002 version could cause issues?Just throwing things against the wall to see what sticks...-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Paul, If I get a chance tonight I will fly KSFO-KSEA (my default startup) and advise of the outcome. Cheers.

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Thanks Mark, that would be great! Also, see what version your ViMaCore2004.DLL file is in the Modules directory. Mine was like 2.3 something dated January of 03. The latest available is 2.22 so 19 revs later and was dated January 2006. I would love to know what version you are running...Cheers,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

That did not help me changing everything to 0. Still get it going into pretty much any Imaginesim scenery with the PMDG744 at the 20nm point. I get the OOM error and then the FS9 error box comes up after I click OK on the OOM box that said there was an error in the PMDGoptions.dll. I can fly into it with LDS and PSS but not PMDG. Oh well.FWIW, my ViMaCore2004.dll is version 2.0.21.0 DATED 2/19/05. Also FWIW, I have a dll called ViMaIScn.DLL from the same company in my modules folder dated 2/19/05 v. 2004.0.8.0

Eric 

Yes, got OOM after flying EDDF -> KDEN -> SBGL (Rio De Janeiro) on final into Rio (which is a FS9 default airport) three days ago. Landing in Denver, I was down 478Mb of commited RAM left. Although, I was able to land and takeoff from Denver, the available RAM never recovered and hence the OOM error when on final into Rio.Now, look at my next non-stop trip finished this morning, here in the second entry in this thread.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=126095&page=This was completed with only 370Mb of committed RAM left while on final into Atlanta. The difference between this session and the last was, I used FS-Autostart and killed all processes that weren't necessary prior to leaving Denver. FWIW, on this trip, beginning the final leg out of EDDF, I had over 800Mb of commited RAM left. Then, somewhere over Canada, I had around 400Mb. This is after almost 40hours of non-stop flying. I think there is a leak somewhere in the Canada scenery.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hi Paul,Won't get a chance to run the test tonight. Quite tired (but happily so!) after a few 'real' hours of low flying and doing crosswind circuits in a C152 in moderate chop! Arms... tired... shoulders... aching... :)Hopefully will try the KSFO-KSEA flight as outlined in the next day or two.In any case, my ViMaCore2004.DLL module version is 2.0.21.0, dated 17 Feb 2006.

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Hey Al,I think you misunderstood...I wasn't asking about a default FS9 scenery, I was asking if anyone got it flying into their default flight location. I believe the default flight for FS9 was rwy 34R at KSEA. When that was the case, I never ever had a problem landing at KSEA. Now I changed my default startup flight to KEWR for est.(both of which are add-on non default airports) and I can land at KEWR but not KSEA... I wasn't asking if it was default scenery as in not an add-on I was asking if you get it flying into your default startup flight location...Does that make sense?Between you and I the /3gb switch with the executable you were kind enough to send over caused all sorts of issues with my video adapters... With dual vid cards I am eating 768 megs of mem for video alone. Now I am adding the 8800 GTX and I will have 1 gig of combined video memory so I need 2 gigs for the system files... So with that being said, do you get the OOM flying into your default startup flight's location in FS9?Thanks for working with me on this...-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Thanks Mark, so we are all getting it with different versions of that .DLL. I was using 2.0.3.0 now I am using 2.0.22.0.-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledAMD FX-57 @ 3 gigsAsus A8NSLI-Premium2 gigs Corsair XMS PC3500LL 2 3 2 6 1TXFX 7900 GTX 690/1750XFX 7800 GTX 515/135024 inch Widescreen LCDDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1khttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7800 GTX 515/1350 Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

No, but my default airport is so small, and the fact that I always start every flight with the default Baron58 at a choice airport (then load other aircraft), it would never consume that much RAM. Remember, every change you make, every .dll, every program in background, affects how much RAM is consumed and availale when you hit the wall (OOM). Your switching airports is altering the RAM situation and therefore the "known" test situation which needs to be repeatable. There is a leak somewhere. WinXP, FS9, Scenery, textures, I don't know, but dropping (over hours) from 1GB of available, committed RAM to 378MB and NEVER recovering (releasing the unused textures) is the issue at hand.The user-space 2GB limit is the wall here, there's no getting around that. So, what is causing the reduction in available committed RAM over time? I do know this for a fact, I've NEVER had an OOM with just the PMDG and FS9 (becuase the two never reach the 2GB user-space limit). The other add-ons stacked on top (consuming RAM) is what puts you near the threashold and the OOM error. FWIW, my attempt at the /3GB swith didn't help either, but, at the same time, it didn't hurt either.For the record, WinXP (32-bit) and WinXP (64-bit), even with different internal RAM usage schemes, seem to have the same OOM problem. This is becuase the FS9 binary was not designed to use any more RAM that what is available in the OS provided user-space. Therefor the issue lies in FS9 (and it's add-ons), the combintation of which, eventually hit the 2GB limit. Turn everything on, load it up, find a repeatable scenario, turn-off one add-on at a time, if doesn't OOM, turn it back on and turn off another. In order to find it, you have to keep the RAM usage as high as possible. You don't need to see the OOM error, you need to find what is causing the available committed RAM decrease and when is it not being freed up after passing the area.Just my (first) two-cents for the year. :)

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I am starting to think like you that we are really just hitting a wall FS was never supposed to surpass. What is scary is I have seen the same reports on default versions of FSX, what are we to expect there if MS hasn't addressed this issue for us and we start throwing massive add-ons at that too???Can you do me one favor, take one of the airports you are getting the OOM at and make that your default startup location. Then try a flight to that same airport not changing anything else and see if you still get the OOM. What I am thinking (speculating) is that because the default startup location automatically gets loaded as FS gets loaded (even if you don't go to that airport) having it in cache is why I don't see the OOM at KEWR but do at KSEA despite KEWR actually using MORE memory...Like I said earlier when KSEA was my default airport it was one of the only places in FS I could ALWAYS land at no issues and I could NEVER land at KEWR. Now I switched my default flight and I can ALWAYS land at KEWR but not at KSEA...Weird,And on top of that NewEgg didn't ship my 8800 GTX yesterday so now I am just all fired up :)Cheers Al and apologies again for not responding, I was overseas for the holidays but I really appreciated it. Sorry again for not getting back to you,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

>Can you do me one favor, take one of the airports you are>getting the OOM at and make that your default startup>location. Then try a flight to that same airport not changing>anything else and see if you still get the OOM. What I am>thinking (speculating) is that because the default startup>location automatically gets loaded as FS gets loaded (even if>you don't go to that airport) having it in cache is why I>don't see the OOM at KEWR but do at KSEA despite KEWR>actually using MORE memory...I follow your logic. Interesting... I can test but it would probably be a day or two. You could just dafult your airport to some podunk (sp?) airport with hardly any parking spaces (to keep AI at a minimum) and see for yourself it still OOM from KSEA. Don't forget to restart FS9 and verify the fs9.exe in not in memory before restarting.But, all this said, you're messin with airports is not the root-cause, only the symptom of textures and committed RAM not being freed up when on final, the large spike, airports, AI, LOD1 detail, is what hit the OOM wall. In my case, when that happens, it can happen anywhere. There is alway one thing in common when it does. Available committed RAM is drastically low (~400mb). Do yourself a favor, lower your AI or turn-off more background process, then try the same OOM scenario, I bet it doesn't OOM. When I run without a OOM, available committed RAM always seems to be around 600 to 800mb (1.2 to 1.4GB used) for the Sim. Look in your task-manager (processes). All those count towoard the 2GB user-space limit. Knock a few of those out to decrease the amount of committed RAM consumed before you even fire up FS. On my last long-haul, http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=126095&page=I actually landed in KATL (Atlanta) with only 307Mb of available committed RAM left. But, it did not OOM. Now the question is, why did it get this low? My feeling is, scenery between EDDF and KATL was not freed. When I flew from KDEN -> SBGL -> FACT, I always had ~ 800mB of RAM left (1.2GB consumed.)>Weird,>And on top of that NewEgg didn't ship my 8800 GTX yesterday so>now I am just all fired up :)Very unlike NewEgg (my favorite too). That sucks.... :(

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE