Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bpilot

I'll pay the $59,99, PMGD...

Guest Bpilot

Captains,I am a business man an owner of a software company. I know how much an update can affect our revenues and tax the maintenance crew.In many cases, I had to do tough mandatory updates and, of course, we do it for free, although new customers would have to pay for it. Sometimes, even current customers pay for a faster version...Thus, and seen Aerosoft's add to sell the PMGD 747-400, I'd advise PMGD to tell their more anxious members that they can buy direct, if they can afford it (I can't wait, so I'll buy it).I think it's more than reasonable to communicate an alternative.Regards,BPilot

Guest JuiceRabbit

I'll buy it too! Been having a lot of fun with the default FSX 747. Can't wait to give PMDG 747 a go.

What the h3ll are you talking about? If it's the FSX version you want, you'll have to wait until PMDG finishes the FSX upgrade. Otherwise, the FS9 version is simply perfect and runs on today's machines.If you are talking about paying another 60 dollars for the FSX version after owning it for FS9, then I don't know what to say, but I think you'll be in the minority.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest luckies

Hi!I think the answer is quite simple.FS9 and FSX are two different products. Same as Windows XP and Windows Vista.As customer i would gladly pay for a NEW product i want (!).As you know, the customers has also pay for an license extension (anti-virus, firewalls etc.).Because there are NEW developed features. Instead of patches .. becausethey only solve problems with the software. They should be free.As i'm correct, the PMDG 737 / 747 or whatever are just only for FS9.So it couldn't be declared as an patch.The question is now, is it an extension or a NEW product (with NEW code)?Anyway, i will pay for the Airbus and/or 737.Just give me the account number and send me the link for download. :-)GreetsDave - LOWW

I'm all for paying some amount for future version upgrades, etc, be it for the 744 or otherwise, but not $60. If anything, that high of a price would only add another item to the already long list of reasons to avoid FSX in the near term.I believe that, fortunately for us, PMDG will be much more fair in pricing the FSX upgrade. Again, to be clear, I'm all for supporting the real work that would go into an FSX upgrade with real cash, and think it's certainly fair that PMDG be compensated for that work. It just needs to be proportionate, as I'm sure it will be.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Sergio is confusing Aerosoft's licenced sale of boxed PMDG products with real competition. He's welcome to pay another $60 to buy the same thing again in a box, but I wouldn't recommend anyone else do it unless they don't already own the download version. Aerosoft have rather jumped the gun in offering the FSX version of PMDG 747-400 on pre-order, although it is really more of an advert as there's no link to place an order. What they are currently selling is of course the FS9 version.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest LAzerxxx

hey Guys,It's just me, the over opinionated, under-ecucated (did I speel that rite?) Anyway, like I've said before. I am not a real world pilot nor am I a virtual world pilot (except for my own little virtual world). But I have purchased the 747-400QOTS and I would gladly pay for it again for FSX, although I think it would be a novel idea for PMDG to offer the FSX version of the A/C we already own that is designed by them at a reduced price. I mean isn't that the way alot of business tycoons keep the business that they have with a client. At the same time charge new customers the full retail price that PMDG decides on for this most excellent bird. The most important thing we have to remember is, these guys put alot of work, ALOT OF WORK!!!!!! into a product for us to enjoy, key words being ALOT, and ENJOY. The two go hand in hand, whether it is on their side or ours. They do ALOT of work that they ENJOY so that we can ENJOY their work ALOT. So what is the big discussion on how much they should charge. This, after all, is a luxury item, and as we all know, luxury items are not always cheap. I mean look at the Mercedes McClaren, do you have enough for that car?....Well if you do, why the heck are you sitting here reading this, get out there and drive that bad mother:-badteeth

If you look at the NG Series, that was released a few years ago and is being completely rewritten which is why PMDG is selling it techincally at full price. The 747-400/400F was released recently but still at a length of time which justifies charging an upgrade fee (specifically the 744PAX). Since they've realised that they had to completely rewrite the 744 to fit in FSX, they have every right to charge the full ~$60. What we have to keep in mind is the fact that they decided to keep their word despite the change of terms. As such, they are giving current owners of the FS9 version a (from what I heard a while back) very generous reduced price.My point is that we should be greatful for this, not question their pricing. If they are willing to give current owners a "discount", just say thank you. Also they didn't say that the discount is only for those who purchased the 744 after a certain date like some other groups. Like I said, just be greatful that we are dealing with a really great bunch of people who love making our flying experience the best it could be. Ryan Gamurothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg