Sign in to follow this  
Guest jas

Want more metallook on the "Silver Bullet"

Guest jas

Hi all !Will start by saying that I might be out of line here.....I don't want to offend anyone, just to tip about an improvement (as I see it)Downloaded the Cathay Pacific Cargo bare metal livery the other day.(For 747-400 paxversion) It beautiful ! Just like most of your other acft !But there was one thing that bugged me a little.... I think the "metal" parts of the hull is too white and looks painted.Would it be possible to get more of the "metal" look in the livery ?I compared it with another Cathay livery for the 742 and I think the PMDG livery can be improved....I don't have the skills to do it myself, so who am I to bark about it ?Whell, as I said, just want, as politely as possible, ask if it's possible...Here comes the comparison.First PMDGpmdg744fusets6.jpgAnt then another livery (742)posky742fuseuv2.jpgAnd finally, a link to the real thing ;)http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1123650/L/Thanks again for a truly great and beautiful product !Cheers,A.J.

AJ,I completely agree, that is one thing that stood out when I first downloaded the -400F repaint. It needs more metal!

The artiste responsible for that livery has been sacked and a new artiste hired to redo that metal. If that artiste can't deliver, he too will be sacked and a new guy brought in to finish what that second artiste couldn't do. Please bear with us as sacking artiste, especially tempermetal ones like mac_paint, can be a bit dodgy and if not handled in the correct manner could...oh, hi mac_paint...No just answering a question on the forum, nothing to worry your head about...What? Covering the screen? No I'm not...It's not you! It's another mac_paint...really..Gaakkk!!! I'm on it!

Guest jas

Wow htakamitsu !!! Now were talking :D Is that one possible to download in any way ?Regards,A.J.

Pete, your work is fantastic! It's good to see that there are still official repaints released. By the way, I liked the Cathay Cargo versions of the sacked mac_paint too :-).How's the Virgin 747 doing and is there a chance for an official Lufthansa Star Alliance repaint (don't understand that as a request!) ?best regards,Christian

Wow...Nice job on the Cathay "Silver Bullet"!I liked the old one...but the new repaint looks even better, great job Pete!Can't wait to download...Darryl

Guest captaingrice

Any news on the Virgin repaint?Cheers,

Guest fjbicrf

WOW! That is great :-wave Do you have a bare metal base for the PMDG 747 that I might use?Please let me know.Thanks!!!Fred