Sign in to follow this  
Guest Toledano

Slat in the MD11

Guest Toledano

Hello guys.I was wondering... Will your MD11 be able to deploy slats independently from the flaps? I woke up today with that question in my head.And... PMDG said that the new website with NEW information AND screenshots was going to appear very soon... Well, it was 2 weeks ago... I'm simulating since fs2000... 6 years of experience.Currently I'm developing a trainer aircraft from Brazil, called AMT-600 available for both FS9 AND FSX... All systems simulated, true flight dynamics, and all the features. And, the most important thing!! It will be freeware, free of charge, no money, only pleasure........... I was wondering... PMDG said that haven't documentation and tools for fsx... Well... I really can develop a new aircraft from the scratch, with the SDK... ALL the documentation is there. The question: Why you don't develop for fs9 then for fsx? I bet you have the final version for fs9 without the features of fsx. I BET!!This is my point of view, I expect you respect that. And it's easy to simply erase the topic, delete the thread... It's hard to answer, at least it looks like. Here in Brazil we have a community that delete threads when the comments doesn't sounds comfortable... Well... They are grown children.I hope you are not making me, customer, a :+

Gabriel,I'm only able to answer the first question: Yes it will. It has to, the first setting for the flaps lever is slats only. You will also have the "Slat Stow" button available and automatic slats deployment for stall protection.For the other comments, the MD-11 is far more complex systems- and avionics wise than the trainer aircraft you are mentioning, so I guess one needs more information on how the FSX works for that kind of aircraft. But really I'm not a programmer so I wouldn't know exactly. All I know is that for a good airliner simulation you need to have a workaround of just about everything because MSFS wouldn't allow it...NOTE: This is my personal opinion only, just wanted to answer your initial question :)Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

"Slat Stow"What is it??

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest A32X

Automatic slats deployment is pretty cool, but what's the coolest new feature of the PMDG-11 ? :-)Paul

That's something I'd like to know as well. Not sure I expect an answer quite yet, but a little teaser would be nice.

>"Slat Stow">What is it??It is a function to inhibit slats deployment. It is intended for use in case of hydraulic failures (for example if you lose system 1 and 3) and some other circumstances...Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Paul, I have no clue what will end up to be the "coolest" featue of the MD-11. Only a poll after release will answer this question. Because what is considered "cool" is not the same for everyone.Some will find cool the internal lighting system (flood light levels can be adjusted in a true "rheostat" effect independently for 3 different areas of the cockpit + the same functionality but independently for the panel lighting, i.e. labels, numbers etc. + done lighting that can be applied independently and on top of the flood/panel lighting, in short just like in the real aircraft).Some may not care at all about lighting but will find cool the MCDU features, like the ability to maintain, in addition to the active flight plan, a flight plan to an alternate destination plus a secondary flightplan that synchronizes with the actual flight plan as waypoints are sequenced, plus a standby flight plan to be used in case of a dual FMC failure (no nav database available, waypoints entered as lat/lon, actually two of them as these are maintained/edited by each MCDU independently). And there are still more cool features that will keep happy those that are interested more in other areas (like VC, external model, flight dynamics, sounds etc.)

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest Toledano

Michael, thank you so much for the update, really. New informations are available for us... The possibility of FMC dual failure with standby fpl and ability to maintain ALTN FPL...And, two questions:- Will the MD11 PMDG simulate explosive depressurisation?- How many failures will the MD11 PMDG be able to simulate?Thank you!!

Just wanted to say that i think it's cool that the dev. team releases little tidbits of a few features here and there, every now and again. Really whets the appetite.ThanksPaul

>Some may not care at all about lighting but will find cool the>MCDU features, like the ability to maintain, in addition to>the active flight plan, a flight plan to an alternate>destination plus a secondary flightplan that synchronizes with>the actual flight plan as waypoints are sequenced, plus a>standby flight plan to be used in case of a dual FMC failure>(no nav database available, waypoints entered as lat/lon,>actually two of them as these are maintained/edited by each>MCDU independently). Each fmc has up to 3 (identical?) flightplans, and each cdu can store a plan?So that's 3+2=up to 5 plans in 1 cockpit?

You are right. This is how it works:Each FMC maintains/calculates:- the active flight plan - an alternate flight plan, which is a routing from the destination (considered as an enroute waypoint) to the alternate destination airport and can be activated at any time to become the active flight plan- a secondary flight plan which is usally a routing variation of the active flight plan (but could be any flight plan even from a differnt origin to a different destination), that can be either created from scratch or as a copy of the active flight plan and can be swapped with the active flight plan at any time. During normal operations there is cross-talk between the FMCs which ensures that these 3 flight plans remain identical and any changes entered in one MCDU will be applied to the other as well. Standby flight plans are maintained locally by the MCDUs. In normal operations the FMCs constantly update the standby flight plans, so they will be kept identical to the active flight plan (except than only fixed waypoints are allowed, i.e. no heading-to-altitude, heading-to-intercept-course etc., also no speed/altitude constraints). In case of a single FMC failure, you can make the MCDU on the failed side to connect to the working FMC through the SISP (Source Input Selector Panel) switches. In case of a dual FMC failure, the two standby flight plans are used. In this case there is no cross-talking, so any changes in the the one flight plan must be manually entered into the other MCDU. So in this case you could end up with each MCDU displaying a different flight plan. Each MCDU provides steering commands to the respective FCC (Flight Control Computer), so in this case AP1 will follow the flight plan of MCDU1 and AP2 the MCDU2 one.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

A fix for issues from the DC-10.Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

Guest Toledano

Michael, thank you again! But what about the other failures like explosive depcompression, I mean, approximately how many failures?Well we can not make a comparison between a Full Motion Level D Simulator with a Windows-based software of FS, but in the LAGO MD-80 I heard that we could simulate a lot of failures. I do not want to create a fight with the question XYZ Developer x PMDG, it is not the intention, please understand guys.But would be great to simulate for example 1st Engine Failure in the Takeoff, then 2nd Engine Failure in flight with Dual FMC Failure... uAHUAHuAHuAHUAHUhauahU! Man, I really do not want to be up there with those failures... =)Talking in 2nd Engine Failure, the real MD11 ever had 2nd Engine Failure?---To Alan: Homens de car

>You are right. This is how it works:>>Each FMC maintains/calculates:>- the active flight plan >- an alternate flight plan, which is a routing from the>destination (considered as an enroute waypoint) to the>alternate destination airport and can be activated at any time>to become the active flight plan>- a secondary flight plan which is usally a routing variation>of the active flight plan (but could be any flight plan even>from a differnt origin to a different destination), that can>be either created from scratch or as a copy of the active>flight plan and can be swapped with the active flight plan at>any time. >>During normal operations there is cross-talk between the FMCs>which ensures that these 3 flight plans remain identical and>any changes entered in one MCDU will be applied to the other>as well. >>Standby flight plans are maintained locally by the MCDUs. In>normal operations the FMCs constantly update the standby>flight plans, so they will be kept identical to the active>flight plan (except than only fixed waypoints are allowed,>i.e. no heading-to-altitude, heading-to-intercept-course etc.,>also no speed/altitude constraints). >>In case of a single FMC failure, you can make the MCDU on the>failed side to connect to the working FMC through the SISP>(Source Input Selector Panel) switches. >>In case of a dual FMC failure, the two standby flight plans>are used. In this case there is no cross-talking, so any>changes in the the one flight plan must be manually entered>into the other MCDU. So in this case you could end up with>each MCDU displaying a different flight plan. Each MCDU>provides steering commands to the respective FCC (Flight>Control Computer), so in this case AP1 will follow the flight>plan of MCDU1 and AP2 the MCDU2 one. >>>All that will be simulated...whew...can't wait!!!

Gabriel,Failures are simulated in detail. Lots of them. At this point I cannot give you details and numbers, this is work in progress and for each item that is modeled corresonding failures are added.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg