Sign in to follow this  
Guest Toledano

Slat in the MD11

>But would be great to simulate for example 1st Engine Failure>in the Takeoff, then 2nd Engine Failure in flight with Dual>FMC Failure... uAHUAHuAHuAHUAHUhauahU! Man, I really do not>want to be up there with those failures... =)Two engine out is not fun actually, you'd really start thinking about declaring an emergency if that happens. No go-around after gear down or below 1500ft AGL... a dual FMC failure would be the least of your problems then...But I like the dual FMC failure a lot for training purposes, it gets you thinking about all those things usually done by computers. We should hard-code that one with a certain probability so it would just happen once to everyone if he/she wants it or not... of course that would just happen if there's bad weather in a region where there's only an NDB approach available... now THAT would be great :)Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest A32X

>>But would be great to simulate for example 1st Engine>Failure>>in the Takeoff, then 2nd Engine Failure in flight with Dual>>FMC Failure... uAHUAHuAHuAHUAHUhauahU! Man, I really do not>>want to be up there with those failures... =)>>Two engine out is not fun actually, you'd really start>thinking about declaring an emergency if that happens. No>go-around after gear down or below 1500ft AGL... a dual FMC>failure would be the least of your problems then...Can you perform a go-around with engine 1 and 3 out with gear down?Paul

Guest Toledano

>Two engine out is not fun actually, you'd really start>thinking about declaring an emergency if that happens. No>go-around after gear down or below 1500ft AGL... a dual FMC>failure would be the least of your problems then...>>But I like the dual FMC failure a lot for training purposes,>it gets you thinking about all those things usually done by>computers. We should hard-code that one with a certain>probability so it would just happen once to everyone if he/she>wants it or not... of course that would just happen if there's>bad weather in a region where there's only an NDB approach>available... now THAT would be great :)>>Regards,>MarkusMarkus, relax! :-badteeth :-beerchugI was just kidding with that SIMULATED situation... I was 7 months ago in the CAE - Varig Flight Training in S

Guest Toledano

>Can you perform a go-around with engine 1 and 3 out with gear>down?>>PaulNo go-around procedure with gear down + 2nd eng failure. Or you land, or you land. No choice available... Because there is no available thrust to accelerate.You [only] can accelerate to a higher altitude when reaching 240 KIAS and very smooth. I remember the pitch... Scared me.

In the simulator you can do many things :)But think of it that way: If you are loosing a second engine, something must be REALLY wrong, otherwise you wouldn't loose two of them. Hence the suggestion to think about declaring an emergency... ;)Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest Toledano

>In the simulator you can do many things :)>But think of it that way: If you are loosing a second engine,>something must be REALLY wrong, otherwise you wouldn't loose>two of them. Hence the suggestion to think about declaring an>emergency... ;)>>Markuspan pan pan it's not indicated anymore AUhuaHuAHua!Markus, will the FMS have Second Database (One cycle before)?