Sign in to follow this  
Guest spiers

Beechcraft 1900D ILS?

Guest spiers

Hi,I was just wondering if an ILS approach can be set in the Beechcraft 1900D?I thought you just set the NAV1 and NAV2 radio's to the ILS frequency, but all i get is morse code and the approach doesnt happen.

Certainly it can. Set Nav1 to the ILS frequency, make sure the autopilot is in nav mode and the nav/gps switch is in nav mode as well. When you've captured the localizer and the glideslope needle starts coming down, set the autopilot app switch on. That's all there is to it. Make sure the Nav1 audio switch is off in the comm panel if you are tired of hearing morse...The 1900C and D are two of my most flown planes. I enjoy them very much and wish PMDG had done the SAAB 340 in the same light series.DJ

Guest spiers

>Certainly it can. Set Nav1 to the ILS frequency, make sure>the autopilot is in nav mode and the nav/gps switch is in nav>mode as well. When you've captured the localizer and the>glideslope needle starts coming down, set the autopilot app>switch on. That's all there is to it. Make sure the Nav1 audio>switch is off in the comm panel if you are tired of hearing>morse...>>The 1900C and D are two of my most flown planes. I enjoy them>very much and wish PMDG had done the SAAB 340 in the same>light series.>>DJHi,I dont seem to be getting the "set autopilot in NAV mode". Ive tried this afew times, but the vertical speed is awful. Nearly full pitch up, it doesnt seem to descent at all, very messy indeed, very wide turns etc.Any ideas on what im doing wrong?

Try to intercept the localizer at 30 degrees or less and have your speed down to approach levels - make sure that flaps are set to the approach setting. Make sure that you are below the glide slope and have altitude hold engaged when you intercept the localizer. As the glide slope indicator starts down engage app mode on the autopilot and the a/c should start to descend when the indicator goes below center (there is some lag); as it does slow down and drop gear and give it another notch of flaps... you should have no problems. Make sure that service update 1.1 is installed.DJ