Sign in to follow this  
dave_paige

ILS freq in FMC

Does anyone know where the PMDG 737NG FMC gets ILS frequencies from? In other words when you select an ILS approach in the FMC how does it know the frequency? I flew into KSTL today and selected the 30L ILS approach and in the App REF page it had the wrong freq.

Dave Paige

Some airac cycles listed the LDA freq before the LOC freq, and the FMC only picks up the first available freq for any runway. Stefan said he was going to fix that during Cycle 0611...but I just check cycle 0612 and the LDA is still listed first. Look in file wpNavAPT.txt, search on STL... you'll find the LDA (111.75):LAMBERT-ST LOUIS INTERNAKSTL30L11019301 38.738078 -90.347061111.7530200586listed before the ILS (111.50):LAMBERT-ST LOUIS INTERNAKSTL30L11019301 38.738078 -90.347061111.5030200586Either swap those lines or delete the LDA if you don't fly it.The data format includes airport name, icao, runway id, length (11019), course (302), latlon, freq (111.50), and elev (586). The column is significant, gotta use real spaces instead of tabs.Hope this helps. Maybe more than a couple of us need to complain, especially since we are now paying for the data.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks so much Dan I didn't realize it was coded that way in the file. I'm going to go test it right now.

Dave Paige

Guest NAVData

Dan, Dave - sorry for the bug again!This was happend because i have splitted the PMDG and LEVELD datas with AIRAC 0612 and i have forgotten this issue. Sorry! I have fixed it now, and the correct order (ILS - LDS) is back again with AIRAC 0613.Sorry guys!Rich

Thank you for spotting the thread. I had no doubt that you'd take care of the LOC/LDA issue as soon as you learned of it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks so much for your attention Rich. I had know doubt you'd fix it quickly. Great work.

Dave Paige