Sign in to follow this  
Guest dogdog1985

Holy crazy bug PMDG 744 Landing!!EERRRGGGHH..........

Guest dogdog1985

Performing ILS07R VHHH landing, wind calm, LOC/APP set, wanted to achieve autolanding. Before 400 ft, things went well, flaps, gears ready. But, at about 350ft, the 744 started to turn wildly, rudely to left, leaving the ILS track and Glideslope, (with autopilot). Finally, the aeroplane crashed. Playing with IVAO, ActiveSky, PMDG v1.1, PMDG sound track. Playing GE engine (KLM) from EHAM to VHHH

Sounds like wake turbulence to me as you did mention you had AS.

Too add, if it is wake turbulence it's not a bug. Please make sure you have wake turbulence disabled in AS.Also, as in any landing it is up to the PIC to be ready to quickly perform a missed approach when the approach becomes unstable (either automated or taking over manually). :-)

Do you have the great freeware VHHH add-on airport? By Thomas Kwong I believe.The one issue I have found with that scenery is the very thing you describe. I'd need to have a look at the AFCAD file but it's almost like another ILS beam in the area on the same frequency.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest dogdog1985

>Do you have the great freeware VHHH add-on airport? By Thomas>Kwong I believe.>>The one issue I have found with that scenery is the very thing>you describe. I'd need to have a look at the AFCAD file but>it's almost like another ILS beam in the area on the same>frequency.Yes, I have the VHHH add-on airport

Guest dogdog1985

Also, I had my wake simulation on during flight, but I had already disabled it before landing

Well I have Thomas's scenery but not any real weather programs, so I'd say that's the source of the issue.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest dogdog1985

>Well I have Thomas's scenery but not any real weather>programs, so I'd say that's the source of the issue.Have already turned off the wake simulation and also tried to land at 07R, but the problem existed.

Guest dogdog1985
fs92006-12-0601-10-42-07.jpgThe problem I think is that , the ILS magenta started to jump to left and up, as the 744 wanted to chase it back, it turned left and climbed, causing this odd behaviour. The final approach did not have any problemfs92006-12-0601-09-26-71.jpg

>fs92006-12-0601-10-42-07.jpg>>The problem I think is that , the ILS magenta started to jump>to left and up, as the 744 wanted to chase it back, it turned>left and climbed, causing this odd behaviour. >>The final approach did not have any problem>>fs92006-12-0601-09-26-71.jpgI am again stunned ...4,4 NM final - 1150 ft - AND 198 kts IAS - flaps 1 - gear in transition ( in my computer the gear won't go before flap 20 ....)You are in trouble . . . and only 15700 LBS of fuel left ( which is realy not much to reach Canton with 30 mins holding required )!