Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

Any suggestions on flightplanner?

Hi there,I downloaded the flightplan files for the Queen from the PMDG website and I love them. I seem to see alot more AI during flight, perhaps because flightplans are more accurate. So which flighplanner would you recommend I purchuse for the QUeen, FSBuild or FSnavigator? Can these programmes import flightplans into Queen's FMC? CheersTristan

FSBuild can, indeed export plans that you can load into the 744s FMC.

Dave Paige

My opinion is that FSBuild is a very good flight planner indeed.. but it is really fiddly at times and can be a right pain in the butt.. But.. saying that.. once you have the hang of it.. it starts to flow quite smoothly..I've never tried FSNav or whatever that other one is.. I went for FSBuild and I'm pretty pleased with it.. I always judge something on.. the "would I buy it again if I lost it all?" principle.. FSBuild would get a yes..Craig

Craig Read, EGLL

Guest dt1951

Hi Tristan. I guess it depends on whether or not you are to be doing actual flight planning or just building a flight plan from an existing one (like the ones you can get from route finder). FSNav is not very easy to use to build the flight plan from scratch. But it is very good when you already know the routing. Even with the a known route, it is a bit awkward. It will display the high and low altitude routes, but you will have to select the individual waypoints by hand. FSBuild can build you a flight plan from scratch. However, I never really understood how to use it so I don't.

>FSNav is not very easy to use to build the flight>plan from scratch. .That is utter B.S.!FSnav does it all AND exports it straight into the FMC.

Dave Taylor gb.png

another good flightplanner more to be "hard core " as pmdghttp://www.danur.com/main.htmsee youdont do direct fms plan or another stuff but doing wind predictions and all stuff for a fms flight preparation ??!!! close to real ops on a few words

Guest Steve_Park

>>FSNav is not very easy to use to build the flight>>plan from scratch. .>>That is utter B.S.!>>FSnav does it all AND exports it straight into the FMC.>B.S. huh, how do you enter a 1200 mile airway,say J6, into a FSNav flight plan? One waypoint at a time you say? Yep, all 40+ of them.How do you do it in FSBuild...duh type "J6", done.Plus, FSBuild export's to many more thing's, including FSX. I do like the moving map display and nav data base while flying that FSNav gives you, but for building flight plans, FSBuild is by far a better product.

>My opinion is that FSBuild is a very good flight planner>indeed.. but it is really fiddly at times and can be a right>pain in the butt.. But.. saying that.. once you have the hang>of it.. it starts to flow quite smoothly..>>I've never tried FSNav or whatever that other one is.. I went>for FSBuild and I'm pretty pleased with it.. I always judge>something on.. the "would I buy it again if I lost it all?">principle.. FSBuild would get a yes..>>CraigUnfortunately, I still use FS ATC...If I use FSBuild to generate a flight plan, and export it to a .pln (FS format), will FS be able to generate ATC from the imported file?Thanks,John

You would on your final plan build export simultaneously to the FS9 .pjn format and the PMDG formats for the FMC.

Thanks for the suggestions I guess I just after a planner that will give me the way points or import flight plans. Route finder seems like the go.CheersTristan

Guest SIX

I use RF from time to time and I find it will sometimes build routes that are considerably longer, so be aware.>Thanks for the suggestions I guess I just after a planner>that will give me the way points or import flight plans. Route>finder seems like the go.>>Cheers>>TristanWilson HinesMy Blog: http://www.wilsonhines.com --------------------------------------http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/837438/3074.png