Sign in to follow this  
Guest diskus

I have enjoyed the 747 should I add the 737?

Guest diskus

I have enjoyed the PMDG 747 for over a year now. I am considering experiencing the 737 version in addition as well.I have read all the information on how to uninstall and reinstall etc If I would like to add the 737 to my pc. Its well described.However I am still concerned about the outcome. saved files settings routes etc. and just plain headache involved.I wonder if others can realte their own experience at this.Or should i just wait for the 737 FSX version? or does this just open up a new can of wormsIm tending just to stay with my well worn installation of the 747 at this pointMike

Personally although I love the 'NG's and still fly them, I would wait for the promised 737NGX versions if I was you.Another angle to consider is the fact that the 'Queen' is easier on FPS than the 'NG's.But, if you can't wait, go ahead. The 737 is a great sim.

Dave Taylor gb.png

>>Another angle to consider is the fact that the 'Queen' is>easier on FPS than the 'NG's.>Is that really true ? Are you meaning with "easier" that The Queen is more FPS friendly than the NG ?I have been flying the 737 for eight months with very acceptable FPS (in a simple laptop !!!) and now I am thinking about purchasing The Queen (actually I am already reading the manuals, tutorials and TRCs as the beginning of my 747 training).Regards.Jose Luis

I find the 747 and 767 the same on frames (I have the 600/700 with the 800/900 addon that is better on frames than just the 600/700 alone).The 737 is a real nice looking plane with a fully working FMC that I fly almost as much as the 747 and the LVD 767.

If you are emulating short to medium haul (up to 5.5 hour legs) the 737NG 800-900 ia in the real world a popular aircraft. Check out either Aloha Airlines or Hawaiin Airlines for their US West Coast - Hawaii routes.I have the 600 through 900 series emulating Sun Country, Hapag-Lloyd Express, Airtran, Air Berlin and others to be added, all users of NG variants giving me travel involving diverse scenery and environment.

Guest diskus

Thnaks for the replies,I am willing to try the 737NG regardless of how it performs Im sure Id be happy.IM just concerned that installing it at this point, into my well working 747 setup would just cause me a whole lot of headache.I havent heard anything new to make me consider trying it at this pointI think Ill stay patThanksMike

Guest gchriste

I recently did the same thing, went from having only the 747 (well 1900 as well) back to the 737NG. To be honhest it sat idle for a month after a first look as compared to the 747 I founf it a bit dissapointing in terms of not as rich a simulation as the 747 is.But then I though about it and realised it had been out first and of course the 747 was the next step up in functionality. So I got a hold of the excellent tutorials out there and gave it another go and am now a regular user of both.So... be prepared to feel like it is not as flash as the 747, but give it a chance and you should like it.regardsFrant Christensen