Sign in to follow this  
Guest ALT2024

FMC gobbledygook

Hmm, strange, I remeber there was something with the decimals in the NDB frequencies in 0610, but I can't say I have seen this. Sorry I can't help you more but here's is how this page is for me with 0612 anyway:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/162711.jpgEDIT: FYI, I did a quick check with the 0611 files installed, and I didn't get those strange text strings.

Guest ALT2024

I've updated to AIRAC 0612 and that seems to have cured the problem. (Interestingly on departure from LPPT I tried selecting CP as a waypoint and I briefly got the gobbledygook again, but then it cleared itself. Perhaps this happens as the FMC looks at the new AIRAC data for the first time?)I'll post again if the problem recurs. Thanks for your help.Rob

Guest ALT2024

>EDIT: FYI, I did a quick check with the 0611 files installed,>and I didn't get those strange text strings.Just saw the edit... maybe my 0611 was corrupted? Let's see if the problem recurs.Thanks againRob

Guest ALT2024

...and the problem is back, same as before. I'll try a reinstall of my PMDG planes after this flight.Rob

Guest ALT2024

Reinstalled my PMDG fleet as follows:-uninstalled the Queen first-uninstalled the NG using the removal tool-rebooted PC-reinstalled the NG-reinstalled the Queenand I still have the same problem, using AIRAC 0612. When inserting a waypoint that shares its name with other waypoints, I get flashing gobbledygook as shown in my first screenie. Otherwise the FMC appears to function normally. I don't think the problem is with my download of the AIRAC as it started when I was still using 0611.Any ideas? I don't.Thanks in anticipation :)Rob

I've seen this exact problem reported in this forum early this year, but a quick search didn't turn it up. It had something to do with screen fonts I think, but my memory of it is very vague.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Alt2024I notice you were departing LPPT. Are you a frequent flyer in Portugal?I ask because I read somewhere - a few months back - that one of the major scenery developers was doing a sorely needed version of Lisboa Portela - but I can't remember who it was or where I read it.D'you know anything about it?

Guest ALT2024

I fly EGCC-LPPT quite often because it's one of my VA's routes on FlyNET. I only have the default scenery though.Rob

Guest ALT2024

Perhaps reinstalling the fonts might help? I'll try that. I believe the NG FMC uses ArialN, ArialNB and Lucon.Rob