Sign in to follow this  
Guest knack

PMDG's Airbus family and FSX

Guest knack

Hi folks,just a short grumble (if I may) concerning the FSX-only Airbus. I know this is not a subject open to discussion due to it being a business decision by PMDG but almost a month after the introduction of FSX I'd like to express a thought or two.What triggered this (apart from the usual slew of negative opinions on FSX) was a post in FlyTampa's forum concerning airport development for FSX from 3rd party developers.http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1862 ...an interesting read if you have the patience to go through it.While I appreciate the fact that we must look (and move) forward it seems that there are too many issues concerning FSX at the moment and that a LOT of folks will be sticking with FS9 for a while yet. I also read an editorial on the "other" site concerning the framerate v/s "looks" argument between FS9 and FSX. Apparently the author has both sims on his rig and pulling back sliders in FSX to keep frames up to anything less than a slideshow results in a pretty basic looking view of the world outside the aircraft. A Far cry from his FS9 world of UT, FlyTampas, etc. :D I believe FS9 has hit the ceiling as far as development is concerned (within DX9 constraints and current available hardware) but I also think that a lot of "serious" simmers have spent many times the initial purchase cost of FS9 on all the different add-ons (hardware and software) and on a current system the simulation is a thing of beauty to behold...from aircraft to ground scenery to custom rigs costing thousands of dollars.IMHO it is a crying shame that PMDG is turning their backs on these users of FS9 especially when it concerns an aircraft that has been sadly lacking development or any sort of serious effort on behalf of any third party developers through no fault of their own of course. But now that Airbus seems to have relented and is collaborating with PMDG (are they?) I, for one, would be first in line for a PMDG-developed bus for my beloved FS9.Thanks for the soapbox.Cheers and beers :-beerchugTony

Tony,this is my PERSONAL view of things and not the one from PMDG:By the time the Airbus is released NO ONE will be interested in flying FS9 anymore, by that time all matters will be resolved, also the FlyTampa one...Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest knack

So by then (hopefully) hardware will be be up to snuff, DX10 problems sorted, Vista service packs installed and we'll all be shelling out hard-earned dollars, euros or whatever once again in pursuit of simming perfection ;-)No wonder our better halves arch an eyebrow whenever the subject of Flight Simulator is brought up! Oh well...we DO live in a consumer society after all.Cheers!Tony