Sign in to follow this  
mpl330

MCP advice wanted

Hi Guys,Santa may be generous to me this year (ok with a little help from myself) and I may be in the position to purchase a hardware MCP & EFIS so which does anyone recommend?I am wanting to use it with the pmdg 737 (& 744 if possible - I know they are different) and is the first step in my cockpit building.Many people seem to use the CPFlight unit but is it compatable? The GoFLight unit is cheaper but is it not as good? Or should I get a panel and build the switches and dials myself?Any views gratefully received...CheersMike

Hallo Mike,I recently bought the CPFlight MCP and EFIS modules and I can report that they are fully compatible with the PMDG 737. The reason that I went for the CPFlight modules is that they will fit the Engravity panels and that CPFlight also sells radio/nav/atc modules, plus an interface board that can be used to wire up a MIP.I wish you success with making your decision.--pim

Hi,So did you go with the Engravity panels yourself? What stage did you get to with your build? Are you using the pmdg737 with your cockpit ok or had to use Project Magenta and use the pmdg737 for the model?My second step will be nav/comm radios etc any one had any joy with others apart from cp?Would I be correct in thinking for the nav radios there shouldnt be too many compatability issues with the pmdg737 as they are standard fs commands?CheersMike

Pim,Don't you need Project magenta for these CPFlight stuff to work with the PMDG 747?What do you need to make this CPFlight MCP and EFIS module work with the PMDG747 (or 737)?Do you just plug the MCP and EFIS via a USB and it works using FSUPIC? or do you need to setup additional software? IF it is....who provides that CPFlight or PMDG? I see an interface program that CPFlight provides. But they seem to be either using PM or default aircrafts. Can this be setup to work with PMDG without project magenta?Thanks for your input.Mannyedited to add:Found the manual. reading it.http://www.cpflight.com/sito/downloads/mcp737mi01e102.pdf

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hallo Manny,All you have to do is to get the 737kbd.ini file from either Patch5 or Patch6 (depending what version you have of the 737NG, and copy it over the existing file in the PMDG folder, start FS, load the PMDG737NG, start FS_COM and you have fully working MCP + EFIS.The only functions that don't work are FO's course and FD controlsBest regards,--pim

The CPFlight MCP is compatible with the 747. Can't remember exactly what you have to do (probably copy some commands into the 747 keyboard ini file).

Hi Pim,I've been looking at Ians website and met him last week at IFC in Birmingham, he's managed to keep using PMDG instead of having to go to PM, only slight downside is the overhead but the method of key2mouse works well.I would be interested to hear how your project progresses as it sounds like you are doing something along the lines I want to do...Seems most people are using CP rather than the goflight mcp...RegardsMike

Guest dajackman

Manny,Did you have to purchase anything extra from PMDG to get this to work? I saw on their site you had to purchase a license for some software to talk to the MCPPro. Can you fill us in on how much it was. I hope to purchase this after I upgrade the machine.Thanks, Robby

Robby.I have not bought this...nor anything else. Not yet. I am sitting on the fence.:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter