Sign in to follow this  
Guest dajackman

737NG Can I add a Jetway?

Guest dajackman

I have been learning the 737NG. In setting up my flight plan using the FMC, I have found many Jetways not in the FMC database. I checked the documentation for adding sid/stars but didn't see anything about adding Hi alt jetways. Anyone know if it can be done? I would like to fly as real routes as possible. Thanks for any help!

Airways, lo and hi altitude, are part of the AIRAC which is seperate from the SIDS/STARS. The latest free AIRAC is available here on AVSIM and is cycle 0608. If you want the latest AIRAC, cycle 0612, that is available from Navigraph.com for a small fee.Current SIDs/STARs, for the US anyway, can be found at planepath.com.hope that helps.

Dave Paige

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Yep !Just enter the airway / jetway designator into the left hand side of the Route page of the fmc. Easiest way is to print your route on Routefinder.com, then insert your SID, then the waypoints and airways as shown on the flight plan. The Legs page of the FMC will then show all of the waypoints on the route not just the start and finish. You need to make sure that your waypoint before the entry is on the jetway or you will get a 'Invalid Entry' message - same at the end of the jetway.

Guest dajackman

Thanks for your help. However I have installed the AIRAC, cycle 0612 and the jeyway I wanted is still "Not in the database" Is there anyway of manually adding one? Thanks again for all the help!!

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Are you absolutely sure it's not there ? Sometimes I get that message and it's usually because I'm either using the Legs page by mistake or because the jetway I want to insert doesn't run through the waypoint I've input.Also i've found that if I have already selected the Arrival runway, the FMC doesn't like it if I try to input a jetway without a waypoint on the rhs before the arrival FAF. Try it this way using the Route Page:-1. Enter your departure runway and SID. eg departing Glasgow (EGPF) runway 23 you have a NGY SID so select these.2. Enter DCS (Deans Cross VOR) into the LSK Right key this will automatically enter a 'DCT' into the left hand side.3. Enter N615 (the jet way or airway as we call them) into the scrachpad and hit the LSK Left button next to where it's put the DCT entry. It wil over right it and you have your jetway entered.4.Enter HON into the next LSK Right button and agian overright the DCT entry on the left with UN615.5.Enter your EGLL STAR into the Right hand side (say a BNN3A)and you have a route from Glasgow to Heathrow using jetways.Hope that helps - that's the most reliable way i find that works for me.

Guest dajackman

I'll give that a try. If you are bored, can you try the route I was trying to program?kric colin4 departure then PXT then J191 ...I was trying to get to kjfk via a few jetways. I guess this is not that big of a deal. Once I get it programmed w/o the jetways I could save the route if I ever wanted it again, but thats not real world. Anyway, I am still going though the famous Timothy Metzinger V2 class. I am really enjoying learning this thing. I haven't had this much fun with flight sim since my first vatsim flight.Thanks again for all the help(robby)

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Robby,wher you flying from and how did you build the route and I'll try it over Xmas

Guest dajackman

I was going to fly from Richmond, VA (kric) to New York (kjfk). I never started the flight. I'm still learning this thing. I was programming the FMC and never could get any of the jetways in the vicinity of kric to be found in the FMC. My flight plan was something like: RIC using the colin4 departure. Then to oxt VOR and then I wanted to pick up the J191 jetway north to New York. I was looking at www.fltplan.com for the jetways that I could use. I thought maybe my plan was not getting me close enough to the J191 so I also added the gared intersection but that didn't help.I guess my main question/concern is if I am doing this correctly. If these jetways are not in the database it's not a big issue, however be cool if they were. I am starting lesson 4 of the 737ng tutorial so it's possible the problem is me. Anyway, thanks for the replies. Hope you have a nice Christmas/holiday.(robby)

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Robby,I'll try it over Xmas but this is the route Routefinder comes up with:-Computed route from RICHMOND INTL (KRIC, K6) to JOHN F KENNEDY INTL (KJFK, K6): 5 fixes, 269.9 nautical milesCruise altitude between FL330 and FL330KRIC (0.0nm) -SID-> COLIN (47.4nm) -J61-> HUBBS (55.7nm) -J55-> SIE (165.9nm) -STAR-> KJFK (269.9nm) Details:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------ID FREQ TRK DIST Coords Name/RemarksKRIC 0 0 N37