Sign in to follow this  

FFG DC-10 Problems

I can get off the ground in the FFG DC-10 (NWA Colors) when i take up the plane accelerats really slow and it takes forever to get off ground i am like 1000 feet past an 11000 foot runway before I can get up even with flaps set!Any help?

I had a problem with that aircraft also. Check the outside view and make sure your spoilers are not deployed. For some reason, my spoilers would deploy for no reason. I don't know if it was the panel or the aircraft.Good luck,DAVID C. FREEMANCONTINENTAL VIRTUAL AIRLINESHouston

I figured it out, its that i had 100 percent full I tried 50 % fuel and worked good also apparently DC-10s are hard to take off with in real life :) Just woundering how much gas they need to get to amsterdam from MSPnw1.gifTim Quayle Northwest Virtual Airlines et al - MSP

You want to make certain that you have the trim set properly also. I've found that the FFG DC-10 can require as much as +10 depending on GTOW. Most correctly modelled large aircraft are that way, another example being Ralph Tofflemire's Calssic 747-200s which need at lease +7 and Flaps 10 for takeoff when heavily loaded. Hope that helps,Best regards,Ed Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com

Guest DanWalloch

Yeah if you've got a topped off DC-10..........its gonna take u a long time to takeoff! Those things are slow the way it is and linger on departure climb.

Ok guys thanks one last thing, do you (anyone) know what or where i can find the DC-10 climb/descent speeds and rates are?nw1.gifTim Quayle Northwest Virtual Airlines et al - MSP