Sign in to follow this  
rgamurot

Yet another FMC/Fuel question

I'm sure that we all agree that the FMC is the best fuel planner out there, but on my last two flights (PHNL-YSSY/WSSS-EGLL), the FMC was off by quite a bit. On my flight from Singapore to London, it was off by more that 40,000 lbs! Not good concidering it said I would have ~56,000 left at T/O.So here's the question. Is there away to minimize the error in the FMC's Fuel Planner? Or is there a general rule to follow for loading fuel before a flight?Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

It all depends on what weather you are loading versus actual weather (winds aloft) and the weight of the aircraft. Are you using load manager to load the aircraft and are you entering the correct ZFW on the perf init page? you should not get gross errors. If you are then there is an input problem.

Cheers

Steve Hall

Sort of the same thing - I seem to consistently get teh FMC estimating about 3.0 tonnes more left on arrival than I usually do have in the end - even when entered and route winds are pretty conistent. Is this usual?