Sign in to follow this  
rgamurot

Transition Altitude

I use Radar Contact and the Altimeter Reset is at different altitudes all over the world. I know the pressure setting on the PFD turns yellow when I cross FL180 but is there a way to change it to say 6000 for the UK or 11000 for Australia?Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

If you are talking about setting the TA in the PMDG aircraft and not in Radar Contact then it is set in the PERF INIT page on the FMC.If the destination TA is different to the set departure TA then you can set the destination TL in the DES FORECASTS page.In the 747 things are a little different. Departure TA is set in the ECON CLB page, destination TL is set in the DES FORECASTS page.Note that in the real World the UK does not have a blanket cover of 6,000ft, each airport has different TAs, some are 5,000ft and some are as low as 4,000ft.HTH

Actually, most of the UK has a TA of 3000ft. London & Scottish TMAs are 6000ft, Manchester TMA is 5000ft.

It used to be 11,000ft Chris but it is now 13,000ft for the Transition altitude and FL150 for the transition level.

Cheers

Steve Hall

In the latest version of RC, it has a pretty good database of TA's. Some may be a little of real world, but much better than the days of old where everything was set to 18000ft.

The user can change TA for the airports in the plan by using the Controller page.I assume you have upgraded to version 4.2.