Sign in to follow this  
wongben4

GPWS Windshear warnings for 744

Hi all, I am just wondering is GPWS Windshear warnings for 744 modeled? If no, what is the good indicator for windshear? I just did a landing in VHHH 07L and I set the wind to be 14025G35, at about 200' RA, the wind arrow in the ND shifted from 140 to 190, and I was trapped in tailwind condition but fortunately, I am still still managed to land the plane. However, is it a good sign of windshear?thanksben

Guest nicam

Yeah I've notice that, there doesn't seem to be a wind shear warning.Michael

Ben,I don't think windshear is simulated in FS9.Hope it helps,

In the FAA Advisory Circular 00-54 Pilot Wind Shear Guide define's wind shear as the following:Severe Windshear - A rapid change in wind direction or velocity causing airspeed changes greater than 15 knots or vertical speed changes greater than 500 feet per minute.Increasing Headwind Shear - Windshear in which headwind increases causing an airspeed increase.Decreasing Headwind Shear - Windshear in which headwind decreases causing an airspeed loss.Decreasing Tailwind Shear - Windshear in which tailwind decreases causing an airspeed increase.Increasing Tailwind Shear - Windshear in which tailwind increases causing an airspeed loss.I don't believe FS9 simulates any of these conditions intentionally. I have seen rapid changes in wind direction using AS at times but it was due to the issues with the differences in site weather data AS uses. I use the wind smoothing options in FSUIPC and AS to fix the problem.