Sign in to follow this  
Guest mstewart

ILS Auto-tuning problem...

Guest mstewart

Hi there,I have a little problem with my PMDG 747. I make my flightplan with an ILS approach in it. but, the problem is that, when I actually wind up at the airport, the ILS doesn't tune up for me, it stays even with the "PARK" mension in the NAV/RAD page. I thus, have to tune it manualy. Could someone please help me on that point, and get it to tune by itself?thanks!Mike Stewart

Mike how are you selecting the ILS approach and at what phase of flight are you doing this? Are you sure that there is an ILS approach available (for that runway) in the SIDS/STARS folder?

Cheers

Steve Hall

Yep, check the FS map and see if there's really an ILS beam in the sim where you're trying to land. It's possible the ILS is there in real life (and in the 744's navdata) but not there in the sim's scenery...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest mstewart

Yes, there is one in the sim. When I select it, it is on the ARR/DEP page of the FMC, mos ofthe time on the ground before departure - these days, i'm only doing short test flights...

It must be frustrating to be descending through 6000ft and have to look down to tune the ils. You can check the status pretty early. If the runway selected has an ILS, instead of PARK, you'll see the freq in small font. At that time you know you'll need to get the chart. That way, you get it done before descent and needn't be distracted during a critical phase.Paul

Guest mstewart

yes... but it was working before, than I stopped flying on the 747 and flew more on the 737. Maybe I am forgetting to do something...Mike

Guest ColdBear

Try push "DELITE" and the line select the PARK to remove it...this should do it.Martin

Guest mstewart

Well, today I did another flight, but too Boston and not from - At least, mabe it is because I replaced the NAVDATA STARS by another set, it tuned fine.Mike

You have to do the following things in order for the FMC to autotune.1. Select an ILS approach on the ARR page.2. Close up the discontinuety on the LEGS page with the ILS runway you're landing on (up-select the ILS runway). This only applies if you're not using a STAR, and are following FS-ATC vectors.3. Make sure (this is probably the reason that your FMC will not autotune) that the ILS runway you're going to land on, is on top in the LEGS page.Best regards,Jon