Sign in to follow this  

Proflight 2000 & FS2002

Much has been written concerning PF2000 and getting it to work with FS2002. Having just accomplished the task. I must say it is a delight to have this program functional once again. In my opinion, FS2002 ATC is ok for GA within the U.S. However, for the serious long-range international guy, PF2000 is a must with the various international carriers and the appropriate accents. Afterall, U.S. Southern accents don't really cut it when your somewhere in the Indian Ocean.In addition, realistic altitude assignments are now a welcome relief. At present, a B777 LLBG to KEWR mission is going flawlessly with PF2000 in FS2002. I saw a post the other day where a guy was quite desperate to get PF2000 to work in FS2002. If my pea-brain can handle it, anyone should be able to.For the gentleman that was looking for specifics, I would be happy to assist if desired.

I'm not the guy that posted that desperate plea, however I too would very much like to have ProFlight 2000 work with FS2002! Please share your success!Thank you,Paul

How about posting a short tutorial?Stan V.

The following was page was also a big help:http://www/fsgateway.com/tips_read.asp?id=363 1.) Load FS20002.) Load PF2000 in FS20003.) Load PF2000 patch which can be found on Microwings.com / Pilotcenters / Proflight 2000 by AETI.4.) Load APLC1.34 (adventure compiler) also found on Microwings.com / Pilotcenters.5.) Copy Proflight sound folders from FS2000 /ADV / WAV / Proflight A to Z to FS2002 / ADV / WAV.6.) Open FS2002.cfg and either locate or create: [APL] CACHE_WAV_FILES=0 The change here will probably be the value from =1 to =07.) Make a folder entitled Pilots in FS2002 (you may already have one).8.) Open PF2000 and go to SETTINGS. Insure path is : C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002.9.) In PF2000 SETTINGS. Insure Command Line Options reads: -a (that's it "-a" without the quotes)That's it for the setup. Now for the compilation process:A.) Create a flight plan in into FS2002 (e.g. export from FSNAV, etc)B.) Open PF2000 and folllow initial instructions. Load flight plan from FS2002 into PF2000 for compilation. Select DEFAULT Airport for your startup position. C.) After the adventure has been compiled in PF2000, open Windows Explorer. Copy .ADV and .BRF files from FS2002 ADV into FS2002 / flights / fs2kadv.D.) Copy the .PLN and .FLT files from FS2002 / Pilots into FS2002 / flights / myfltsE.) Start FS2002 and go to Select Flight. Thence go to FS2k adventures and choose the PF2000 adventure. It takes some getting used to but well worth the effort. I did have a conflict using CNTL+SHIFT+V for runway requests and simultaneous use of Dave March's FDC. Also, AI traffic is a goner with the PF2000 adventure loaded. I hope this helps. It is great to have PF2000 back especially long-range international ops.

>The following was page was also a big help: >>http://www/fsgateway.com/tips_read.asp?id=363 >>1.) Load FS2000 >2.) Load PF2000 in FS2000 >3.) Load PF2000 patch which can be found on Microwings.com / > Pilotcenters / Proflight 2000 by AETI. >4.) Load APLC1.34 (adventure compiler) also found on >Microwings.com / >>9.) In PF2000 SETTINGS. Insure Command Line Options reads: >> -a (that's it "-a" without the quotes) >>That's it for the setup. Now for the compilation process: I have to use "-a -2000" to be sucessfully compiled, (using PF2K patch and APLC 1.34). If I use only "-a" I will got lots of errors during compilation. I don't understand why you could sucessfully compiled just using "-a" parameter?>and simultaneous use of Dave March's FDC. Also, AI traffic >is a goner with the PF2000 adventure loaded. This my biggest problem also, I love to have AI traffic while using adventure, I don't know why PF2K Adv cannot display AI Traffic, although some commercial/freeware adv compiled for FS2K2 DID WORK with AI Traffic. (Of course ATC won't work).