Sign in to follow this  
Guest andycowie

PMDG NAV apparent mis-alignment

Guest andycowie

HELP!On PMDG 737NG/744, and Flight One ATR72. The magenta line has gone a mile out of whack !I can't explain it very well but I will do my best :Lining up on rwy 25 at EGNT the CRS/Heading should be 251degrees.When I actually line the a/c up on the runway, the ND and the Compass itself show that my actual heading is 259degrees.I tried a southern hemisphere airport to cross check, so I line up on rwy 01 at FACT - the CRS/heading should be 010degrees, but I am actually 'heading' 345 degrees !The magenta line is miles out of line in flight, and the a/c no longer navigate accurately from waypoint to waypoint. ILS approaches in these a/c are also very displaced from the Localiser (Glideslope is OK) I have only changed one thing recently on my FS - I added a Localiser to LOWI manually, using AFCAD. It seems like the whole world has moved a bit ! Could I maybe have changed the magnetic variation of the whole planet ? Anyone ever had this before ? More importantly... anyone ever solved it ?!?! :)All advice gratefully received. Andy

Guest bobdell

Hi Andy,I see you had this problem at FACT (Cape Town), well I had the same phenomena happen on my last flight from KMIA (Miami) to LFPG (Paris).I had lost the taxiways in FSNAV at EGLL (London Heathrow), and with the help of a buddy on he FSNavigator Forum

Guest bobdell

George,Thanks for your prompt reply, but I seem to miss your point about using the Forum

Hi Bobby,To clarify, if you load the last public AIRAC (before navigraph) and load the corresponding SID/STAR file and things work then that pretty much points to the AIRAC SID/STAR files. Just something simple to try.I have copies of the the last public files and would be happy to forward. :-)

Guest bobdell

Hi George,Thanks for the advise, I