Sign in to follow this  
rwy12

Please help me decide!!!!

HiI have got the 747.I have got some cash to spend on my obession -I am thinking of buying either the track ir4 or the CH fligt yoke.If I buy the yoke than would I need the foot paddle as well?I have the microsoft 3d joystick.My landings at the monment are simply put, awful-would the ch yokehelp me.Please advise me I have limited budget-I am not a scrooge-honest!!!Qas

Since you are a turbine jet engine fan, assuming you have thrust control axis on your stick, I'd stay with it and go for peds. There is nothing like peds, properly calibrated, for better ground steering with the use of differential breaks. Just my opinion, but then I fly all kinds of fixed wing and have a separate throttle so my stick throttle axis controls prop rpm for constant speed prop aircraft.

Guest andyman

I disagree! GO WITH THE CH YOKE. It significantly improved my jet landings and the feel is awesome. It is very realistic. The CH yoke USB has throttle, prop, and mixture levers. You can take your old Microsoft joystick and attach a stick to the hand to form at "t" in the hand grip area and use them as rudder pedals (assuming the joystick twists and that it is setup as such).You can use the CH Yoke without pedals as long as you go with USB. If you go with gameport, you will have to plug the CH yoke into the gameport and plug your old joystick into the Yoke's additional port.You could always spend the extra $$$ on FSX, FSX addons, PC Addons etc. I think Track IR can wait.

While either would be a nice addition, I would go for the yoke first. It completely changed in a good way the feel of FS when I changed from my cougar to a CH. But then again, I'm sure that will depend a bit upon what you fly most of the time. A yoke doesn't make a lot of sense if you're buzzing around in an F-16. For the QOS though, Yoke, hands down. Jay EklundCAT VI Senior Captain KDENhttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/812321/764.png

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it

Hi QasGet the Trackir--no question--- have been through the Joystick game for 15 years. Learning how to land is a mental (learning) game. Just try and get a joystick that does not snap back to center--real aircraft controls move and stay where you put them (minus of course the effects of airflow). The trackir is cool and can really help during landing.When you fly a left downwind for landing you need to look over your left shoulder to determine the proper place to turn left base--with the ir it's like real life.Cheers

Qas,My priorities if I were you:1. CH Pedals (USB)2. CH Yoke (USB)3. Track IRHope it helps,

Hi everyonemany thanks for takeing time to advise me.I think I will be buying the ch pedals and the track ir-provided my other half approves!!!!!.Once again many thanks to all for helping me spend wisely.I hope.qas.

Tell your other half it is for your well-being and safety. :)