Sign in to follow this  
Fortiesboy

Jane Whittaker's tutorial in Pc pilot- advice please

I am trying to learn how to fly the PMDG 747 plane, and PC Pilot Magazine in the UK has what appears to be a very good tutorial started by one of their writers named Jane.I have just tried the first one where the idea is to start from a cold and dark state.The first objective is to start the APU. I followed everything as far as loading the fuel, which i did, and then I saw the fuel switches all showed "on", as expected.I activated the APU switch ( spring loaded ) and then waited but even after waiting minutes I did not see the white writing advisory in the EICAS glass frame saying "APU Running"I tried this procedure twice but no luck. Can anyone advise what I did wrong, or did not do right, please?TIADave

Battery......onStandby power......autoApu......startWaitApu generators avail lights (1 and 2)......check illuminatedApu gen 1......onWaitApu gen 2......onDid you followed this sequence ? Jose Luis.

I've just submitted a long tutorial for the 747.. I will send you the link once AVSIM accept it.. If you require a copy now.. I could mail possibly transfer it as it stands now..CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

Guest mcalpinep

Dave,Download Capt Randazzo's type rating course number 1 from the PMDG website, you will sail through a start-up from 'cold & dark' in a 1/100 th of the time it will take you by following the PC Pilot tutorial.The PC Pilot feature is good but if you want to maximise your enjoyment (and speed it up) then go for the rating courses (currently 4 of them) on the PMDG website ,a word of warning - they are very detailed (as they should be in my opinion) but you will get the most benefit from them.Enjoy,Phil McAlpine.

The PMDG rating courses are superb.However, the PC Pilot series of tutorials just started are extremely high quality as well. They are written by Capt. Jane-Rachel Whittaker, a Virgin Atlantic Airways ATP, with a multi-Boeing rating, including the 744.* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

Guest mcalpinep

Hi,I'm not disputing that the PC Pilot tutorials are excellent, it just a little frustrating to wait for a small (albeit detailed) snippet every 2 months when the mag is published. I'm reading both the PC Pilot and Capt Randazzo's rating courses, you can't get too much of a good thing !.Cheers,Phil McAlpine.