Sign in to follow this  
Guest IGNatiuS

No start- and desktop shortcuts created after install v...

Guest IGNatiuS

Hello!!First, I have to say that I love de PMDG 747!!!! But I'm also ashamed to say that I've used it iligally for about two weeks, but I had my reasons... To bad there isn't a demo version...I've now bought the 747-400 (+ the -400F)three weeks ago, so I have the V1.1R1 version now. Only, there are no shortcuts created on my desktop and in my start-menu, after installation. It's not really a bad thing, but is there anything else missing in the install?Ans are there any add-ons that are known not to be compatible with the 747?Can you guys help me out?RegardsIGNatiuSbtw, my order# was 77585 ;-)

Guest IGNatiuS

Anyone?I've just re-installed FS2004 completly and also the 747.... but yet another day without shortcuts.....

Guest nicam

>Anyone?>>I've just re-installed FS2004 completly and also the 747....>but yet another day without shortcuts.....What short cut are you talking about? the only short-cut you get is the load manager.Michael

Guest IGNatiuS

>>Anyone?>>>>I've just re-installed FS2004 completly and also the 747....>>but yet another day without shortcuts.....>>>What short cut are you talking about? the only short-cut you>get is the load manager.>>>Michael>>>Well... with the not-so-legal-version, I got Start-menu shortcuts, with the load managers and documentation. Now I get none.Maybe it's my punnishment;-)

Guest nicam

Yes that is all you get with a legal copy of PMDG.PS I'm pretty sure the guys at PMDG are not happy reading your postMichael

Guest dugm

They would not be happy if it was not purchased at all. I wonder what else the "illegal" versions have that we dont. That kind of thing causes more pirates.

Guest PalmerFan4Life

Ignatius, the load editor is usually located in.C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9PMDGIm sure many of us are not too happy about what you've done but thankfully you did the right thing in the end and bought your copy of the Queen. Though i must say PMDG still might not be happy with what you've done and still take legal action.- Ryan

Guest IGNatiuS

...uhm.... okay....I'll just pretend I didn't read that last post. I can truly understand that PMDG wouldn't be happy but I bought it now(Just wanted to know what I was going to get for that kind of money)But my question still stands. I get no shortcuts(Not on my desktop or in my start-menu). Nevertheless, in the manuals and on PMDG Ops, there are refferences to shortcuts on the desktop and in the start-menu.I've reinstalled my pc twice now and also FS9 to make sure it wasn't my windows, but still no shortcuts.Maybe the guys at PMDG just forgot to pack the shortcuts into the installer.... Not a bad thing, but just a wondering from my side.Anyhow, I'll return to just flying the plane and not think about shortcuts... I have plenty:-p