Sign in to follow this  
Guest Totalbeginner

744 derate CLB thrust

Guest Totalbeginner

Can somebody tell me how it is possible to select a derate climb thrust (such as CLB1 or CLB2) after takeoff when you're not using VNAV?What is the correct proceedure to accelerate after a GA? I hit TOGA just once so that the aircraft climbs at 2000fpm. But when I want to accelerate, how should you accomplish this. Using FL-CHG gives you a rediculously high rate of climb, due to the THR LIM being GA and using V/S means that the engines screem up to GA THR then retard and it looks messy??????

Just select CLB 1 or 2 in the usual manner.You could try selecting FLCH and then the THR switch (beside the autothrottle). This should bring the thrust out of GA.

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest Totalbeginner

"Just select CLB 1 or 2 in the usual manner."It doesn't work if you're not in VNAV, try it!

You're right - it's a bit dodgy getting out of G/A thrust sometimes.

Guest Totalbeginner

Anybody have a solution to this? Martin Neep