Sign in to follow this  
strider

737 "Ground power" not available?

I am following along with the "tutorial V2" (I figure it's the best way I'll learn this wonderful addon) and It didn't take long for me to hit a "bump in the road". I've followed everything right up until I've gotten to page 17:Preliminary Flight Deck Preparation:

I believe it is in the tutorial, but to have ground power available you must first have the parking brake set and the battery switch to 'ON'. Then you will see the light 'light up' for ground power.

Hi,I am not familiar with the 737 but on the 747 you must be sure that "ground power" is available in the PMDG-menu inside FS...

If I remember correctly the missing step in the turorial is that you must position the standby power switch in the on, guard down, position before you get the ground power available light.

Dave Paige

Aha! That was it, Dave. As soon as the "standby power" was set on (guard down), ground power became available. Thanks gang. Vic