Sign in to follow this  
Guest dogdog1985

What 's going on of my sound update PMDG

Guest dogdog1985

Nothing speacial before sound update arrived, it's smooth, very silky smooth.However, after I installed the sound update, the nightmare came. It's so lagging, and the performance dropped a lot during landing. It's hard for me to have a good manual landing (I can do it well before it, touch down at -200fpm).I can't believe it, with that sound update installed, it change my performance a lot. And I trust that that's not my computer's problem because I think Sound Update don't eat resource so much. And I think there should be something wrong in my configuration or bah bah bah......

Do you defragment your harddrive on a regular basis?Do you frequently run anti-spyware/adware measures on your machine? (ie spybot s&d, and lavasoft adaware) Are you getting this performance issue at different airports or just one place? Are there any other add-ons that you've installed lately?I know these are fairly simple steps, so forgive me for mentioning them, it's just that I've not heard of any performance issues borne out of the sound upgrade.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

What type of sound card do you have? The sound update does add some more wav files to model each engine independently, but virtually any modern sound card sound have no trouble at all handling it, even cheap built in ones on motherboards.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest dogdog1985

>What type of sound card do you have? The sound update does>add some more wav files to model each engine independently,>but virtually any modern sound card sound have no trouble at>all handling it, even cheap built in ones on motherboards.It's so odd. Without it , smooth playing. The sound upgrade only add wav document in the file, so it should not cause such a drop of performance, so I think I hv somethings wrong in my configuration. BTW, I landed at VHHH

Yeah aside from what I mentioned with the sound card stuff, there's really no way the sound update could cause something that drastic to happen - it's just a few wav files and a new sound.cfg.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com