Sign in to follow this  

C-47 Texture for the R4D NATS DC3

Guest Lizardo

I'm confused. (snafu). Does all this go on the FS2000 plane of Jan's?(Edit: Please Disregard. Error on my part. It does. DC-3_tdm.zip )

Guest Javis

>DDZ was actually just a repaint by Jan of the R4D-6 Ermmm.... now how hold just a sec there,Trev....this 'just a repaint' as you call it took me about half a year to complete if not longer... Just a few of the many differences between the R4D #819 and DC-3C PH-DDZ model included in this ehh... 'repaint' : the R4D features the 'pointy' tail configuration where DDZ has a typical 'glider tow' tail oufit. While the R4D #819 has a rather uncommon folding down airstairs config (because of VIP transport) DDZ features the commonly known seperate pax/cargo door configuration which opens sideways. The inside cabin of both the R4D and DDZ is designed conform the real subjects and is totally different compared to one another. The engines of the R4D are fitted with elongated air intakes whilst the DDZ uses the more commonly small intakes.(more differences in the engine configs if you look close enough). The R4D features the astro dome, the DDZ does not.Also many differences to both antenna configurations and i won't even start talking about the panels..You actually do not think this can all be achieved by 'just a repaint', do you Trev ?? I'll give you one thing, though : both the R4D and DDZ models should feature the short nose,take a second look at the screenshots of the new GMax R4D model and you'll notice she had her nose correction done.. ;-) So please do not call my DDZ model 'just a repaint', Trev, a bit unfair as it is an as close an exact replica of the real ship as i could make it (apart from the nose), took a LOT of FSDS redesign work and many trips to the DDA hangar ( which i d

Looks like my words were taken wrongly, ahh.. the misconception of forum messages yet again.However, since you asked about commenting and taking a closer look... Then why did DDZ use the same air file as the R4D-6? If you know these aircraft as well as I do, then you know that DDZ cannot use 52 inches of MAP and 2800 prop rpm. :-)I guess my problem is that you allow all these repaints of the R4D-6 to look like a DC-3 or a C-47, when infact.. nobody is paying attention to the difference in the flight dynamics which to me (at least) is much more important that how it looks. R4D-6 is a different aircraft to the C-47/DC-3 and the air file should reflect those differences, especially since you went to so much trouble in the paint job.Incidentally.. I prefered the DDZ more than any other to date, it was this one whereby I adjusted the air file and got myself some new gauges to reflect the power settings and hp of the actual DC-3.Sorry if my post offended you, but since you asked me to take a closer look, then this is my oppurtunity to say that all these repaints, good or bad.. fly like an R4D-6 and 'not' a DC-3. And that was the intention of my posting.Trev.Regards.. TrevVisit "The DC-3 Hangar"http://www.douglasdc3.comhttp://www.douglasdc3.com/1/dc3.jpg