Sign in to follow this  
Greg Goodavish

Changing to new computer

I just recently bought a new computer. I have the PMDG 737NG and 800/900, as well as the PMDG 747 Queen of the skies and the cargo version. I made copies of all the installation files. I used a program called PC Mover to move all my files from my old computer to my new. However, the PMDG 737 doesn't seem to be working right. Sometimes, I cannot make the mouse click switches, it will not allow me to press the ALT button to get the task bar, etc. I tried reinstalling the 737's, with no better result. Should I uninstall all of the PMDG products, then reinstall, starting with the 737NG, then the 800/900 and finally the 747? What should I do? Thanks.

Greg Goodavish

Greg,Any method of moving actual programs and settings from one Windows PC to another without actually running their installers is almost certainly doomed from the start. There's just too many things that programs do during their install routines as far as registry entries etc that you couldn't possibly duplicate on the new machine.What I'd honestly do in this situation is just wipe the machine clean and install all your programs from scratch from their installation CDs. It takes longer than what you did, but your system will run far far better and you won't see these types of strange errors popping up.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

HiI guess there won't be any better thread to post my question within the same topic...I too am building a new PC from scratch...Regarding the topic I have already purchased ASE and activesky from HiFi, my question is which files do I need to retain inorder to keep my liscence or do I need to repurchase ASE for my new build computer ?Secondly I am going to purchase Win7 64bit, would ASE and activesky run well on 64bit OS?Now on the technical question regarding new video card...Currently popular video cards in Nvidia here in toronto are GTS250 or GTX 460 all with 1 gb....For Fsx i am guessing GTX 460 would be an overkill, so is GTS250 fine for FSX with ASE addon or would there be frame rate drop?.... Thanks....

Bilal Asif Khan