Sign in to follow this  
BonanzaDude

Keyboard Commands Not Saving

I recently updated my 737NG with the updated 737-800/900 and I am having a problem with the keyboard commands not being saved after a flight. I have programmed the "J" & "U" keys for up and down elevator controls, respectively. The default Keyboard Commands have the "U" key toggling the radio screen. I change this before every flight to use the "Cntl + U" key and it seems like the program doesn't remember it before the next flight. I have to delete the "U" and replace it with "Cntl + U". Is this normal for the 800/900 because I don't remember the problem flying the 737NG-700.Thanks,John

John P. Navara

PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H

Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements

https://twitch.tv/Sim_Dude

Are you using the PMDG menu to remap the keyboard keys?

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes, I am using the pull-down menu while in FS9. I have to go back and change it back every time I start a flight. I would have hoped that it would save the settings after changing it. Is there another place other than the pull-down menu in FS9 where I can change it?John

John P. Navara

Guest Clansman

Hi,I have the same problem. Now that someone has the same question, I'd like to get an answer too.I've looked around the manual and (apparently) no reference is made about saving keyboard assignments. It is actually counter-intuitive that keyboard assignments aren't saved though...Best regards,Pedro Venda.

I use the PMDG keyboard assignments, and they stick. Maybe the difference is I don't use the ctrl- combination and that is the problem. Not that it matters, I use the following assignments: F:FMC T:Throttle U:Radio M:Main Panel N:Zoom Panel. I've only had to assign these once.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,It doesn't matter if I use the Ctl key or just delete the key assignment in general. It doesn't save what I changed. I can't believe that is how the program is supposed to work. I don't want to bring up the radio stack with a key whether it's using the Ctl Shift or Alt key. I use the "R" button on the cockpit display. Is there a fix for this that anyone is aware of?John

John P. Navara

John,Never heard of the problem and doubt there's a quick fix for it. I would suggest you contact support@precisionmanuals.com for some help on this.Hope it helps,

Guest Clansman

Hi john,Do you already have an answer for this issue?Pedro Venda.