Sign in to follow this  
Guest bluemarlin

New 744 User

Guest bluemarlin

Hi I already fly the 737ng and 800/900 upgrade and I am getting the 747-400 for Christmas in the CD version. From my reading the aircraft will have a lot more features and fixes if i also get the freighter version. My question is, are there any problems buying the download version of the freighter and applying it to the CD Version of the passenger aircraft?Seasons GreetingsTim Carter

Hi Tim,I don't believe you'll have any problems installing the freighter. However I think it would've been better to get the downloadable 744 base as well. This is due to the fact that a new 747 for FSX is going to be released in a few months and a discount will be available. They determine the discount by checking their own purchase records and not the company who sold the CD version. This is due to the fact that the discount is given automatically at checkout by PMDG's computer system.You may still get a discount but I really wouldn't bet on it. The fact that you are going to get the downloadable 744F may help though as I think both the 744PAX and 744F will be released as one but I'm not sure. Someone from PMDG will have to shed some light on this. As for now, I would very much recommend the freighter varient and also the Sound Update available on the Download paged at PMDG. Look under Service Updates.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

Guest bluemarlin

Hi RyanThanks for the info. I must admit I dont think that the cd version will be much of a drawback for me as I have only recently purchased a new system and know that it wont run FSX all that well. I made a decision that I wont be upgrading to FSX any time soon so I will probably remain unaffected but thank you for taking the time to point these issues out. Have read all the tutorials and the manuals and just waiting for the christmas day install.Wishing everyone a wonderful festive season.Tim Carter