Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

Tribute to the VC

Not to pop anyone's bubble, but I have seen one VC that's better; just one. It's a 757 by another company. One thing to keep in mind however is that their 757 is brand new and isn't even finished. They're just releasing it in pieces. The 744 on the other hand has been out for about 2 years(I think). I'm sure the FSX Version will blow everyone else's VC away!Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

What sets ours apart is the smooth glass gauges though, no one else has been able to do that to the degree we did.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The gauge refresh is unbeatable, and to be honest, from an aesthetic standpoint I can't think of a better VC than the 744. Just set it up on the gate at night, with the dome light off and the other lights fully up, and bathe in the orange glow. For added effect turn your room lights off and turn the sound up. This VC is tops in my view. I would offer a snapshot but am away from home at the moment enjoying the company of my family.On that note, a merry Christmas to all from NZ, hope you all have a great day!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I guess it's just your point of view. That one other VC had neat 3D objects and the knobs for the radios turned in layers instead of the whole set moving. I am a stickler for the fine detail, not only the big things. But like I said, the 757 is still being built. They don't even have a functioning FMC! If you look at the aircraft as a whole or the sense of realism, no one beats PMDG.In addition to that, the PMDG community is far better. The other company (don't know if I can mention the name) is a few months behind their planned compleation date and people constantly hound them and both sides are rude about it sometimes. On the other hand, we have this community that you can turn to for help. On top of that, PMDG even has a FSX tweak guide. They try to help with just about everything. No other group really does that. This is truly a great group of people.Now following Mark's lead, Happy Christmas and Merry New Year from Hawai'i!Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

> I am a stickler for the fine>detail, not only the big things. And so am I!! I absolutely adore fine graphics detail but in my books smooth gauges are still #1 since this is so critical in any IFR-sim flying. Lets hope we can get even better looking cockpits from PMDG but with no sacrifice to the gauge smoothness.Michael J.

unfortunately PMDG seems to be ignoring the framerate issue with the -400F version. But I agree, the VC in the Queen is amazing. I just wish I could fly the VC of the freighter without a double digit framerate hit compared to the 2d panel

the one that was supposed to be "fixed" in the patch to adjust the standby LCD instrument causing massive framerate hits. I have the latest version and I still see almost a doubling hit on the framerate counter when flying in the VC of the freighter compared to the 2d panel.And I just purchased an 8800 GTX video card, still get single digit framerates in the freighter VC but not the 2d panel.

Guest PalmerFan4Life

Alex, Whats the rest of your systems specs? I find that FS9 is more RAM and processor dependent then video card. Also is this the only aircraft you experience this issue with? What steps have you taken to try and fix this issue?- Ryan

Guest jgreth123

>Alex, Whats the rest of your systems specs? I find that FS9>is more RAM and processor dependent then video card. Also is>this the only aircraft you experience this issue with? What>steps have you taken to try and fix this issue?>>- Ryan1G or more is EASILY enough to run FS9.Though, as much as I love PMDG, their 744 line is quite memory-intensive.... not a fault of the simulator itself.

I have 2 GB of ram, FX-55 processor, latest drivers, etc. No other airplane gives me this trouble, and the Queen was supposed to be as framerate friendly in the VC as it is in the 2d panel, or at least that was the advertising. I don't even get these low FPS in the -400 pax. Someone mentioned they thought it was the polygons to the front nose cargo door which could be adding to the already heavy load... but I wish there was a way to fix this

Absolutely agree! overall best airliner vc to date imho. To me eye candy is less important than fuctionality, but the 744 is the best combo of both. The LDS767 is only slightly behind because it's a little less functional and not totally 3d (it is older to be fair).I also enjoy the PSS777 - not nearly as visually appealing as the above but again totally 3d and totally functional as far as its features go (and a joy to fly thanks to the great Rob Young) - I like that. regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark