Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fuerteventura

737-700 and 800 autoland problems

Guest Fuerteventura

My aircraft have been behaving strangely when attempting to perform an autoland recently.I have both NAV1 and NAV2 set to the ILS f the rwy, the correct rwy is selected in the FMC. When I get the ILS and am in a position to start the approach, I press the APP button, and then the second Autopilot in order to perform an autoland. However, what seems to happen is the VOR-LOC button comes on and the light underneath where you switch on the autopilot switches on, rather than the two autopilot buttons above. This has never happened before and I always landed fine. This caused a bit of a problem when coming into Stansted the other day whilst there was all the fog!!!!I'm using CPFlight's EFIS and MCP but this has never caused me a problem in the past.Any ideas anyone?Cheers,Mark

What is the Flight Mode Annunciator telling you? It is the window above the attitude indicator. Your primary source for verifying VOR/LOC & GS status. Button lights come and go, but the FMA is where you find out what's happening or not happening.

Dan Downs KCRP